Why?


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
June 30th 2011
Published: July 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Heading outHeading outHeading out

The boys got buckled in before I was ready, and then didn't want to get out of the truck for the picture I wanted. Oh, well. We're still heading off on vacation.
The camper has been mostly packed for days, but there were still some things for Jeff to do today. I stayed on top of things at work and was able to leave on time after agreeing one of the managers could call me in a pinch. We pulled out at 1623 and made good time. The boys were pleased with each having a binder and crayon box, so kept reasonably quiet.

Home tonight is a WalMart parking lot in Missouri which unfortunately seems to be where the local loud teenagers hang out. It's hotter than is comfortable, which begs the question of why we're headed to the desert southwest in July. We've asked ourselves that many times while looking at the weather forecast. Next year, we will travel no further south than Duluth and no further north than Hudson Bay.

- - - - -

Today, we learned that Liam can identify "Livin' on a Prayer" by the first four bars. He can also whistle "Raiders March."

We realized we forgot our NPS passport book, the one we bought specifically for this vacation.

Statement of the Day: "Turn the air conditioning up. This is crazy eating
CathedralCathedralCathedral

Cole wasn't happy coloring the Minnesota pages I put in his binder, so he decided to draw churches instead.
a smoothie when it's cold." - Liam

High Temp: 94, somewhere in Iowa
Low Temp: 84, Bethany MO

Miles: 375

Geocaches Found: 3 in Iowa


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Crazy SmoothieCrazy Smoothie
Crazy Smoothie

This is Liam's expression right around the time he asked us to turn up the air conditioning.
Searching for . . .Searching for . . .
Searching for . . .

I sent Jeff and the boys to search for Little Cache on the Prairie. He was unsuccessful, but I was.


Tot: 0.181s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0886s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb