A WEEK IN VEGAS AND STILL SOLVENT


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
December 6th 2010
Published: December 6th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Well we have been here a week now and we still have the proceeds from the sale of the house safely tucked away. We have been hitting the various casinos almost every day but so far we are about break even.
We have walked the strip and visited Paris, Venice, Rome, Egypt, New York, Monte Carlo and Burma as well as Medieval Europe. We have seen the Bellagio decorated beautifully for Christmas and hung out with the Cowboys on Fremont Street.
We have seen Elvis, Michael Jackson and other celebrities living and dead.
This place is unbelievable.
Yesterday was the Las Vegas Marathon which ran right by our hotel and we were not even tempted to join them. They actually performed a mass wedding for dozens of couples running in the race.
The weather started out chilly last week but has been up in the mid 60's the last two days. The sun shines every day and although it is not exactly pool weather, we sat by the pool today and spent some time in the hot tub.
The food is great as evidenced by Joan's hips. And the drinks are free when you gamble so no problem there.
We are very relaxed and enjoying our time here.
One of Dwight's reservation buddies from Cantigny, Fred Koester, is here and took us to Red Rock Canyon last week. He really knows his way around town and has been a great tour guide.
This week it is Rodeo so we are donning our boots and hats and off we go.
We'll check in with you again after the Rodeo.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



7th December 2010

nest egg
Been following your posts and it all sounds just great! Glad you have not violated the "Nest Egg Principle". You make me want to watch "Lost in America" again just to reinforce the perils of touching the nest egg! Congratulations on the upcoming wedding - what fun. Look forward to future updates.
7th December 2010

las vegas
sounds like fun, wish Lee and I could get rid of a few houses and his the road, instead of the seas. enjoy, Georgie
7th December 2010

LV travels
One question...how come "flat Stanley" never puts on any weight? My LV theory is...with all the walking up and down the strip, you are allowed the most decadent desserts! My hips will agree with Joanie's hips!:) Do you remember Matt Howard? His Assistant, Kathy, has been working for the owner of the Venetian for over 10 years! Happy travels - and stay off those "bulls" at the rodeo!

Tot: 0.034s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0178s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb