EXCITING NEWS UPDATE


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
November 29th 2010
Published: November 29th 2010
Edit Blog Post

WELL HERE IS THE BIG NEWS OF THE DAY. BEN AND JENNIFER ARE ENGAGED. It actually happened at Joshua Tree the day we were all leaving but we weren't sure if we were supposed to spread the word until Ben had a chance to call his brother, sister, aunts, uncles and godparents.
That being done we can now share it with all of you. During the flurry of everyone cooking the last breakfast on the campfire and taking down tents, Ben and Jennifer went off for a short hike not far from the campsite. Fuzzy on the exact details but suffice it to say they both came back with big smiles on their faces and Jennifer sporting a ring. It was great for all, her family and us, to be there to join in the excitement of the moment. We are crazy about her and look forward to her being a member of the family. CONGRATS BEN AND JENNIFER, WE LOVE YOU BOTH!


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement



29th November 2010

Congratulations
As soon as I saw the "headline," I guessed the news. What an exciting event to add to your already exciting adventure! Moving forward here too ... purchased an AZ home. Is Phoenix area on your itinerary after January 31?
29th November 2010

congratulations!
That is exciting news. Thanks for sharing it with us. It was so great that you got to be there with them. I love reading your blog. Happy Holidays.
29th November 2010

prescience
Congratulations to the soon-to-be inlaws! And was Jennifer just really good at reading Ben's intentions, or are her hands always that beautifully manicured on a camping trip? Either way, happy news--thanks for sharing!
29th November 2010

CONGRATS
Congratulations to the beautiful couple. Hopefully they will emulate their parents in their journey for a deepening of respect, kindness, understanding, and love. Congrats also to both of you Diego and Joana.
29th November 2010

CONGRATS!!!
Here I was just savoring you blog out to LV and the wonderful Thanksgiving campout, when I got this terrific news! Congrats to ALL! Beautiful girl and ring! :) Golly, does Ben look like his handsome dad in that pic!
29th November 2010

Congrats
Hi Dwight/Joan....That is great news.....We enjoyed hearing about Ben & Jennifer.... regards Leslie & Harlan
29th November 2010

Who is that girl Dwight is standing with next to the rock!!!!?
30th November 2010

Great News
We got the good news from Dwight and Joan. We are so happy for Ben and are anxious to meet Jennifer. We celebrated our 60th anniversary in September and still highly recommed married life. Hope the happy Couple get to Pe Ell soon.
30th November 2010

What wonderful news! Congratulations to all of you!
30th November 2010

Congrats
What a wonderful surprise. I have to tell you though, when I heard Ben's voice Sat night, I had to hold my breath. My initial thought was, What happened to THEM ?? What a relief. He sounded so excited . I am so happy for all of you. i know how much you love her too.
30th November 2010

that is exciting!!!!
that is soooo exciting! i am so happy for ben. and jennifer is such a lucky girl! were you guys surprised??? or did you know it was going to happen there? we are anxious to meet jennifer and welcome her to the family! i told ben we are long overdue for a vacation, so keep us posted with the wedding details!!! sounds like the camping trip was fun, minus the cold weather... that is something that, for as much as we camp, i am still never prepared enough for!
1st December 2010

Wow
That's wonderful! Commitment is everything and particularly important to a couple who have been practicing commitment for close to 55 years. Hope to have the opportunity to toast the happy couple in person in the very near future.
2nd December 2010

Congrats
All the best Ben & Jen. I see that everyone is having a blast. Wishing you all a Happy holiday season. Time to get out the snowblowers here in GE. Enjoy reading about your adventures. Stay warm and keep on trucking!!!!
7th December 2010

congrats
Congratulations on the wedding, Georgie
16th December 2010

Congratulations
Congratulations to the couple. Let us know when the wedding will take place

Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.032s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0304s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb