Gohechi in Need!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
November 21st 2010
Published: November 21st 2010
Edit Blog Post


I recently got an email from Peter that Gohechi is going to be evicted if they dont raise money and pay their debts:

"Some few weeks a ago, I told you about the total debts we have, which some people have willingly told us to pay slowly as funds  avails to our organization.  But recently I was given a letter from the owner of this place saying that before end of December we should clear all the money on his side so that we can begin a fresh next year.

I has been so challenging to me,and I have no way out... because of this threat from the building owner, help us with those funds, on the Houserent for all two building up to this coming December the debts is $1500, We pray that you help us at least to reduce so that he do not stop us by nextyear, as you know we don’t have a land to go, and no any other place we can shift nearby this village, where there are enough rooms for the children."



As you know, the orphans at Gohechi are very near to my heart, and i strongly believe in the non-profit as a place that fosters education and spreads God's light and love. Please foward this below letter to your churches, family, anyone and everyone in your communities.

If anyone has further interest or time to help Gohechi, please contact me.

Warmly,

Ariel


Ariel Wolpe
U.S. Representative for Gohechi Center (www.gohechi.org)
Emory College of Arts and Sciences 2012, Religious Studies
awolpe@emory.edu
610 312 1012

Dear brothers and sisters,

Gohechi Center of Arusha, Tanzania, stands for “God Help the Children.” The light of God has shown on the Center’s orphans in many ways, in particular through the commitment and love of Peter Ndelwa, Gohechi Center’s founder and director. I met Peter in the summer of 2009 when I was volunteering at a nearby school, and was immediately drawn by his passion and insightfulness. He is a dynamic evangelical pastor who has take the burden of feeding and educating over two hundred orphans in Arusha, and teaching them the word of Jesus. In Arusha, I worked closely with Peter, discussing and addressing needs of the orphanage, and I continually donate small amounts of money to help sustain them.

I do all of this with Gohechi’s children in my heart, a growing group of orphans that come from extreme poverty and neglect. Many of the orphans suffer from AIDs and require frequent medical attention. The majority of these children have a living relative, but do not receive proper nutrition and shelter, never-mind an education. Gohechi Center offers orphans hope for a future, a space where they learn how to read, to laugh and sing, and to know the infinite love of Jesus. To learn more about the orphanage does, please visit their website at www.gohechi.org.

What most inspires me about Peter, and keeps me in close contact, is that I know with his dedication Gohechi has the potential for sustainability. Peter is an entrepreneur at heart—he has the intelligence and business approach necessary for establishing a sustainable organization. I have worked with non-profits in Philadelphia, Israel, Tanzania and India, and it is clear that Peter radiates the crucial inspiration and energy of a non-profit leader. Peter does not, however, have the necessary funds to launch his projects, and Gohechi is constantly under the threat of bankruptcy. Peter has learned how to cope with years of struggle, keeping Gohechi barely afloat, and it is time we give him the help and support Gohechi’s children deserve.

Please consider supporting Gohechi’s cause. They are a registered nonprofit under act 2002 by the United Republic of Tanzania (registration no: 00NGO/00003424). They are now facing a debt of $1,500 that threatens to evict them from their building. Without a home, these orphans will loose the only promise of light that shines in their lives.

I am eager to further discuss donating and establishing a partnership with Gohechi. Please do not hesitate to contact me. All donations can be sent to the following address to be placed in a Gohechi Funding Account:

Ariel Wolpe
PO box 122483
605 Asbury Circle
Atlanta, GA 30322

God Bless,

Ariel Wolpe


Advertisement



Tot: 0.21s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0536s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb