Pattison State Park, WI · Amnicon Falls State Park, WI


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
May 26th 2022
Published: May 27th 2022
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday was a rainy and cold day so we stayed in most of the day other than to go find internet to work a bit. We binged season 1 of That '70s Show.

With that said I was excited to get up and get out to hike to some waterfalls. Waterfalls is my number one thing to visit on vacation. We started right at our campground, Pattison State Park. We hiked first to Little Manitou Falls. We approached a small fall that was very pretty thinking we found Little Manitou Falls we continued to find Big Manitou Falls. We sat for a while to enjoy what we thought was Big Manitou Falls, once we got up and began to hike, we found that was Little Manitou Falls, the first falls was just an extra. We hiked across the lake, the dam, and through the tunnel under the road to the real Big Manitou Falls. It is 2 feet shy as being as tall as Niagara Falls. It was so majestic that on the way back to the trailer after dinner we returned to the fall.

Next, we headed to Amnicon Falls State Park. We parked right by the covered bridge and the first fall. This park was unique because everywhere you walked was another cascading waterfall. The park contained Upper, Lower, Snake Pit, and Now & Then Falls.

All the running around and hiking had us hungry so we stopped by a local restaurant so we could try some local Wisconsin cheese curds, oh and chicken wings, yum.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0258s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb