5 Travel Essential You Must Not Forget


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
January 4th 2018
Published: January 4th 2018
Edit Blog Post



Have it ever occurred to you - at the middle of a journey, you remember you forgot something very important? Oh! How frustrating?! I need not ask how that feeling was; but, sure it wasn’t a pleasant one.

There are different reasons why people travel:

25 percent - travel for celebration ( honeymoon, family thanksgiving, festivals, etc.)

23 percent - travel for adventure, relaxation and holidays

16 percent - travel for learning purposes

14 percent - travel for business purposes

10 percent - travel for escape (from life threatening circumstances, natural disasters, as well as escape from folks and families)

7 percent - travel to expand to their perspectives

4 percent - travel to meet new people

1 percent travel for other reasons; reasons known to them alone.



When it comes to travelling; for any purpose, there are certain most important things you mustn't forget to take along. For example, an entrepreneur going for a business trip must check, check again, and double check again that all the physical data/documents needed to carry out his business operations while in the new city/state are carefully arranged in his travelling box - if he doesn’t want to come home nil.

However, this article is centred at essential requirements to take along with you only if you’re travelling for vacations, celebration, adventure or relaxation purposes.

Survey reveals that roughly 107.3 million Americans will journey 50 miles or more from home during December 23 through January; which is a 3.1 percent increase from last year and the most ever recorded. This shows how people are ready to travel this season.

And while most people get carried away with the excitement of the journey, they often forget to pack the essentials items, that'll even make the holiday even more interesting.

Below therefore are 5 holiday essentials to take with you while travelling for celebration, adventure or relaxation purposes.

1. Safety kits:

Home is one of the best place to be, you have everything organized in a place and you know the exact place to take each item when needed. For example, in case of a minor home accident, you know where to go to pick up the first aid asap, but travelling isn't the same.

A lot of people usually forget go with some essential safety kits in case there is an urgent need or sudden injury. Maybe you’ve packed your luggage and you’re still debating on the importance of safety kits in your journey, below are a few bullet points for you:

Pain Relievers: Study shows that a 10 percent of human fatigue comes from sitting on a long distance journeys. Also, the stress of driving for a long period of time can cause, body pain and joint pain; especially when it’s not something you’re used to. Little wonder why travel experts recommend shipping your vehicle ahead of of any journey.

Howbeit that taking a small packet of painkillers like Paracetamol or Ibuprofen will actually help in treating any minor body pain.

Antiseptic wipes: In case of a sudden cut, antiseptic will be a great help for instant treatment and prevention of further infection.

Plasters: If you’re the type that travel with children, they play a lot and can easily get injured. Plasters therefore will also prevent infections incase of any cut.

Mosquito repellant: If going for camping is part of your holiday plan, it is important to take mosquito repellant, especially in the evening when mosquitoes get less friendly and more hungry. xD.

Hand sanitizer: The last thing you’ll want, is to adopt a contagious disease during your holiday period. Most especially if you’re travelling for the purpose of adventure or exploration, you must not forget to go with a sanitizer, it’s one of the simple ways to prevent or disinfect your hand from easily contagious diseases.

2. Adventure wears and cosmetics:

One of the most important requirement to take along with you during travel (solely for adventure or exploration) is your adventure wears. This could mean, that little colorful hat, a roll-boot, hoodies, bugg trousers, etc.

Also, since you’ll be doing a little of exploration and visitation, it’s important you take the necessary cosmetics, and if you’re a make-up freak, this includes you taking your make-up bag (for the painting, panning and the likes: you know what I mean :-( ).

On a good note, you can arrange for the shipping of bag and baggage containing your adventure wears and cosmetics beforehand - to make sure you're not forgetting anything. Just as some people will prefer to ship their cars ahead to make the journey even more pleasant.

3. Books and magazines:

Don’t forget to take some important books you’ve been planning to lay your hands on, as their will be enough time for you to read them. And if reading isn't your thing, you still have to go with some books incase you meet the unexpected, you won't feel totally bored. However, you can download some ebooks to your phone to safe space.

Here are some best books you can read while going on vacation:

Secret in the summer by Nancy Thayer

Into the water by Paula Hawkins

The hidden life of trees by Peter Wohlleben

The magic mountain by Thomas Mann

City of friends by Joanna Trollope

4. Camera:

The best way to keep memories of your journey, exploration and adventure is by having a camera with you. You’ll be able to take pictures of families, friends, things you’ve never seen before, the way the environment is, or anything that pick your interest. Going with camera and taking pictures of different things will give you the ability to look back on your trip, and remember the most wonderous details, both big and small.

5. Weather stuffs:

Don’t forget the weather can either affect your trip positively or negatively, and is one of the things many people don’t consider before setting to go for their journey.

The temperature is always cold during the winter months, but still depends on where you’re going. A weather forecast can help your packing strategy, while the failure to check the weather can make you have a soggy trip.

However, winter season require something warm to brave the chilly temperature.

Here is a list of must have items to put in your suitcase:

Head warmer

Winter cloth

Scarves, hat and gloves

Sweaters and tick tops

To round things up:

Traveling for exploration, adventure or celebration is more than just visiting a tourist highlight or going to beach with spouse and family; if proper preparation is not made and you forget to take the essentials, you might end up regretting your trip.

Compliments of the season



Advertisement



Tot: 0.251s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1117s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb