Yellowstone


Advertisement
Published: September 11th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Lodge at Old FaithfulLodge at Old FaithfulLodge at Old Faithful

Happy Travelers in Rocking Chairs
Day 7 - 2503 miles - averaging 24.7 miles per gallon - average speed 50 MPH (highest so far 103 MPH) - on the road for 50.17 hours current so far!

This is Thursday. We've been in a new hotel room every night so far, it can be a bit disorienting in the middle of the night. We are staying exclusively (so far) at Holiday Inns and HI Expresses (THANK YOU POINTS!!). Must say the car has been a dream to travel in, we need the occasional leg stretch, and we are managing to get in a small hike or walk every day. We are trying to find little diners and local restaurants along the way. This is ARBY country and Bob loves that, but I'm trying to keep him involved in conversation when I see a sign. I have to stop for A&W, love that root beer in the cold mug--we have passed a few! It's the small things....

Today was Yellowstone Day. If you haven't been, it's hard to explain the beauty of it all. We timed it unknowingly to see Old Faithful blow. There are few people out and about, which makes us feel good about
YellowstoneYellowstoneYellowstone

Waterfall
our September pick. The weather was perfect, 61-73 degrees in the Park and beautiful skies. We saw buffalo and elk, no bears. Just a beautiful majestic drive. I'm taking lots of photos and panorama shots. Haven't completely mastered the blog's photo posting skills, but I'm working on it.

Our good friends Deb & Marv suggested the Nat'l Park Book to get stamped at every Nat'l Park we visit and thanks to Elaine for actually bringing me one! So we have 4 Nat'l Park stamps so far and now I'm obsessed and want to get every one of the pages filled. Hmmmm, can we get to Alaska this trip? Does Napa count as a National Park? It should! Right??


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Yellowston Nat'l ParkYellowston Nat'l Park
Yellowston Nat'l Park

Continental Divide


Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0399s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb