Grand Tetons/Yellowstone


Advertisement
Published: July 25th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Geyser Next to Old FaithfulGeyser Next to Old FaithfulGeyser Next to Old Faithful

This Geyser was cooler than Old Faithful
We spent two days in Wyoming at both the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone National Parks. The first day we went to Grand Tetons. We did a hike around Jenny Lake and then up to Hidden Falls. The view was beautiful but once we got to the top it started to downpour. We managed to stay mostly dry on the hike back and then of course when we finished it stopped raining. I called my Mom when we got back to the bus and found out that the heir to Wal Mart had crashed his plane and passed away in the park earlier that day. We could see the helicopters circling looking for his plane.

That night we camped near Yellowstone. I was very excited to use my new tent for the first time. Although I was slightly scared of a bear crawling into bed with me. Oh, and we got our second (out of three) shower that day. I'm telling you, there is nothing like being clean 😊

The next day we went to Yellowstone. I thought Yosemite was big, but Yellowstone is huge. It took us over an hour just to get to our destination. First we stopped off to find out when Old Faithful was going to blow. Apparently, they can predict the schedule within 15 minutes. While we were waiting a geyser next to Old Faithul was blowing. It was awesome! We saw Old Faithful a few minutes later and I thought that the first geyser was actually better. Then we headed off for a short hike to see more geysers and sulfur pools. The color of the pools was amazing. They were a bright orange and yellow and they smelled terrible.





Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0535s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb