Jackson Hole, Wyoming


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Wyoming » Jackson
June 24th 2013
Published: June 23rd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Jackson HoleJackson HoleJackson Hole

They have these arches made out of antlers
Geo: 43.4796, -110.762

I am a day late writing this entry, so I will be making this quick as Alex wants to go four wheeling.
We spent the night, I think night 5, and managed have another free nigh in the tent. It was another cold night, but I think we are now getting used to it. We talked to someone who said it just snowed in Yellowstone. After packing up the Jeep, we went to the incredible town of Jackson Hole for a shower. For $12.50 we were able to shower at the local rec center. Clean and ready to go, we had the best breakfast burrito. The town square is awesome and looks like a wild west town.
We went to the local visitor center and planned the next couple days. Things to look forward to in the town, evening shootout in the town square, and a rodeo Wed evening.
We headed up to Teton Village, the local ski area, and rented mountain bikes and a lift pass. We rode the lift up with our bikes and flew down the mountain. The trails are small ski paths through the woods with scattered obstacles and jumps. The first run
Wild wild WestWild wild WestWild wild West

Historic Jackson
found Alex speeding around a curve, failing to complete the turn, going up over the berm, and into a tree. As we got the hang of it, our skills greatly improved, as proven when we would hit a jump and fly through the air. Alex says I had the recovery of the day as I hit a jump, got big air, landed kind of sideways and out of control, and somehow regained control without hitting a rock wall next to me.
It was an awesome experience that left us both exhausted. So what next? Alex talked me into getting a room for the night. Yes, the streak is over.
We had a nice dinner consisting of a huge pile of nachos on a balcony overlooking the town square. With a beer in my hand, the day was complete.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Mountain BikingMountain Biking
Mountain Biking

One of the structures they built in the woods.
So much fun!!So much fun!!
So much fun!!

Notice all the gear they provide. A guy apparently is alive because of his helmet that was shattered when he crashed.


25th June 2013

Looks like so much fun. I would love to see the town shoot out and the rodeo.
25th June 2013

Man, you're killing me!!!!! J-hole is on my Bucket List. Glad you're having a blast. Remember, Rodeo's are for WATCHING ONLY.......... Montana next? Try to do the Madison River float, if time permits. Well worth the trip.
25th June 2013

WOW...that looks really neat.
25th June 2013

Go Alex!! Looks like tiny stairs, lol.
25th June 2013

Fantastic Photos!!
25th June 2013

Happiness on your faces. I love it!
26th June 2013

Sounds like you are having a father and son trip of a lifetime. Thanks for sharing your experiences, I am thoroughly enjoying them. Alex- 5 days of tent camping great job! I would have thrown in the hotel towel day 3...... be safe and ha
ve fun
27th June 2013

That does sound like a blast, well not the tent part and the toilet holes. Balconies, beer and nachos are more my speed!

Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0261s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb