More Moose!!


Advertisement
Published: September 12th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Jackson & Grand Teton NP


Day 54.....

We arrived in Jackson just in time to observe the town's oldest tradition - a staged 'shootout'! Yeeha! Naturally, we jumped at the opportunity to dust off our cowboy hats and join in the fun. Afterwards we had time to explore this western-style town along it's wooden boardwalks and sample the local brew!

The next few days were devoted to exploring Grand Teton National Park, which hosts a magnificent mountain range of the same name . We drove to the top of Summit Mountain for a birdseye view of the surrouding scenery. Equally spectacular, a Bald Eagle flew so closely past us that we could feel the breeze from its wings! Later we were told that this is considered a sign of good luck by the Native Indians! To round off the day, we decided upon a 5 mile stroll to Taggart Lake for more exceptional views of the Grand Tetons, and take sanctuary on the shore of the calm, cool water.

Having seen moose from a distance, we were determined to see one face to face! So, after fiercely cross-examining numerous Rangers, we found ouserlves another moose! This time he was only a few feet away, and was more than obliging to pose for photos while he fed on the banks of the Snake River! What a beauty! Perhaps that Eagle did bring us good luck after all!

Our next stop will be Minneapolis, over 1000 miles to the East. We're very excited as we're staying with Martin's cousin, Marianne, her husband Michael & little baby Max. Some home comforts & hopefully some lie-ins may be the perfect way to recharge our batteries.

Have a good week everyone, Lots of Love. xx




Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



12th September 2006

Depression
I feel even more depressed then yesterday having read your news! Sounds like you are having such a fab time - grey ol' London can't compete! jxx
12th September 2006

For God's sake!
Damn you two! Abi always sends me these blogs and I always have a look before struggling to stop myself from flying into a jealous rage! I think, from now on, you should only be allowed to say that you're, 'having a nice time'. Any more detail than that is just unfair on all of us chumps sat in England keyboard tapping all day! So - once again - damn you, Martin and Anj... Damn your brilliant ideas and your ability to organise yourself so that you actually see them through! Keep the blogs coming! Joe PS: Nice hat, Anj!

Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 64; dbt: 0.0592s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb