Grand Tetons


Advertisement
Published: July 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Wow talk about mountains, the Tetons are huge, (thats what she said).

We were amazed how tall and impressive the mountain chain was. We went to Jenny Lake (we couldnt't stop pronouncing it like Forest Gump), took a boat across the lake to hike up to see hidden falls and inspiration point. Amy made a point of not telling the girls what to do or not to do, and if they died it was their own fault (tough love). Along the way Emma made a new friend.

The hikes are getting easier or we are just getting use to the elavations (we were at about 8,000 plus feet above sea level). After reaching inspiration point the girls were ready to return, but Amy wanted to hike and see more, this turned out to be a great idea. About 30 minutes into the hike past inspiration point we came across two male moose lying down in the field resting. We were hoping they would stand up so we could see how big they were but they were content to take it easy, I can't say I blame them. We returned home from our hike and made foil packets for dinner (put chicken, vegtables wrapped in aluminum and set over campfire) and had green sticks for dessert.




Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



30th July 2008

What a trip!!
Hey Starkeys! The Dunns are so "Out West Homesick" when we look at all of the places that you've visited! It's so surreal to see you all standing in the same places we stood in last month! It does make us happy seeing how much fun you're having, though. Enjoy the rest of your adventure!!!
1st August 2008

Phenomenal
I am vicariously on this trip with all of you. Amy, this web site you have is terrific. I guess it is a Blog???? I am not quite up on technical terminology. How are all of you going to settle down to just a calm quiet Cinncinatti after seeing so much of this beautiful USA? Have Fun, keep sending.
2nd August 2008

I Think We Passed Each Other!
Hey Amy - I'm pretty sure we crossed paths in the Tetons! While you guys were hiking the mountains, we were rafting on The Snake River! I agree. The tetons were my favorite stop on our trip! Keep bloging! I enjoy keeping up with your family's adventure. If you have time, check ours out (Vieja34) as my sister's nickname...

Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0298s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb