Cody, Wy


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Wyoming » Cody
July 29th 2008
Published: July 31st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Today was our day to do nothing, which we all desperately needed! Amy went to the pool and read a book, Rachel and Emma layed in the camper and watched t.v. all day, and Shawn went shopping for a knife and a new truck. He got the knife and instead of a new truck, got the oil changed and the truck washed, much cheaper. It was a nice relaxing day. I had an "it's a small world" moment at the campsite. I was wearing a Bengals tshirt, and a guy who worked at the campground said he was from Cincinnati. After we started talking, it turns out he used to live in Fairfield on Northridge Circle, off Pleasant Ave. about 1/4 mile from our house. Wierd. Apparently he went to Badin, so Shawn didn't know him.

We went into Cody for dinner at the Silver Dollar Saloon. Downtown Cody is like a real western town, complete with real cowboys and lots of big pick up trucks (Shawn tried not to drool on them). After dinner, we headed for the rodeo. Once inside we had to have our picture taken on a real bull, his name was Hollywood. I was glad to only have to stand next to the cage and not to have to sit on the bull's back (sorry kids it's been a long two weeks). Having never seen a rodeo before, it was great fun, although the rodeo riders and clowns are insane! One of the clowns got tossed in the air by the bull. The girls even got to go down on the field with all the other kids and chase two calves. They didn't win, but Emma stepped in some horse poop!


rachels blog: we all woke up before 10 today. mom went to the pool all day. me and emma watched t.v. for a long period of time. and dad went and bought a knife. its a cool knife. you can whip it out!!!! emma knows how but i dont like sharp and pointy objects. we went to the silver doller saloon for dinner. then we went to the rodeo. it was so cool!!!!!! we got seat in the buzzard's roost. you could see the chutes. there were so many events!!! there was barrell racing, calf tying, no saddle, and so much more!!!!! the main event was the bull riding. they were insane!!!! the rodeo clown was really funny (and wierd). he said "now why would you wear a helmet that proctects the skull that protectecs the brain that made you do this in the first place!?!?" he said a lot of other funny stuff too. plus, he changed outfits!!! in the beginning he wore a referre shirt and huge pants. then he was a bird. then he had green pants and a green mowhawk. then he had a cheer leader skirt on. when there was barrel racing, there was a 4 year old boy in it. then was the bull riding. dad said that one of the riders was a wrestler. he was jumping up and down and getting ready to ride the bull just like he would for a wrestling match. his bull was a bad one. he got to redo his attempt. then he fell off. the bull was crazy!!!!! he flipped a clown with his horns!!!!!! none of the rodeo people freaked out. they said that it was normal!!!! me and emma got some autograghs of the rodeo people. when we got home we all just pretty much fell asleep.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



31st July 2008

Ford Truck Man
Shawn - Cowboy up and and pull the trigger so you can sing with me buddy. I’m a Ford Truck man, that’s all I drive I ain’t got no boundaries, I don’t compromise I rather walk ten miles, then be down on my luck Then ride around the block in any other pick up truck. You can see me in the highway in the left-hand lane Lost out on a back road in the pourin’ rain And I’ll pass that center line when the ride gets rough Ain’t not doubt my king of the moutain’s built Ford tough.
31st July 2008

Ford tough
Thanks for the advice Toby, I sure did need you and your pick up yesterday going through the Big Horn Mountains. More on that in our next blog. If I drop your name will I get a discount?

Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0405s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb