A day at Grand Teton NP


Advertisement
Published: June 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Here we areHere we areHere we are

Grand Teton NP
We got out early in hopes of seeing some wildlife here in the park. We stopped first at the Willow Flats Overlook, hoping to see moose or bears. Unfortunately all the trails were closed due to "bear activity," but we saw no sign of them. We took the Teton Park Road over the Jackson Lake Dam where the Snake River and Jackson Lake both had a beautiful green color. The North Jenny Lake Road was beautiful, too, runny along Jenny Lake, apparently the most popular site in the park. We made a full loop, going all the way down to Moose Junction to the south and then coming back north on Hwy 191. We stopped often to take pictures. Kerry says sensory overload set in about 10 am. The purple mountain Lupine were in bloom everywhere and the smell was intoxicating. We ate a picnic lunch back at Jackson Lake Dam and then drove up Signal Mountain Summit Road, a narrow, winding road that ended on top of Signal Mtn with breathtaking views of both the Grand Teton Mountains and Jackson Hole. We drove about 80 miles in all, taking over 6 hours to do so. Do you think I took a few pictures?
Tomorrow - Yellowstone!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Grand Teton NPGrand Teton NP
Grand Teton NP

String Lake
Grand Teton NPGrand Teton NP
Grand Teton NP

muddy creek with Lupine in bloom


30th June 2008

Awsome pics of the Grand Teton Mts! We just got home from our trip. Now to catch up on your blogs!!
30th June 2008

Photos
Your photos are spectacular Charlie - really you need to send these to National Geographic you are good! Wish we were there with you!

Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0289s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb