From the Grand Tetons to Yellowstone


Advertisement
Published: July 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Yellowstone NPYellowstone NPYellowstone NP

West Thumb & Yellowstone Lake
Grand Teton NP was so beautiful that we hated to leave, but Yellowstone was calling. The traffic going into Yellowstone surprised us. We stopped at Grant Village to make reservations to camp at Canyon Village. Canyon was already full for the night so we got a spot at Grant and reserved Saturday and Sunday nights at Canyon. We dropped the camper at our site and headed out towards Old Faithful.
We're seeing patches of snow still left in the wooded areas.
After arriving at the Old Faithful geyser basin, we walked some of the path that circles the area until about 20 minutes before Old Faithful was due to blow, then got seats. They have benches all around the area and they fill up fast at eruption time. We enjoyed the show and some of the comments made by other spectators. Afterwards we headed toward Madison at the west end of the park.
We turned down Firehole Lake Road to see what was there; geysers, hot springs, and Firehole Lake, all of which were amazing.
Returning to the main road, we again headed toward Madison, but turned off before we got there onto Firehole Canyon Road, which
Yellowstone NPYellowstone NPYellowstone NP

Old Faithful Geyser
ran through Firehole Canyon (surprise!) and along the Firehole River, past Firehole Falls and Firehole Cascades.
We headed back to Grant Village stopping at Fountain Paint Pot and Black Sand Basin. All in all a beautiful geyser-filled day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Yellowstone NPYellowstone NP
Yellowstone NP

Great Fountain Geyser
Yellowstone NPYellowstone NP
Yellowstone NP

Firehole Lake
Yellowstone NPYellowstone NP
Yellowstone NP

Midway Geyser Basin
Yellowstone NPYellowstone NP
Yellowstone NP

Black Sand Basin


4th July 2008

Yellowstone
Your Black Sand Basin phto looks like the ocean and the forest got intertwinded -what a beautiful combination!

Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0278s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb