North to the Grand Teton National Park


Advertisement
Published: June 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Field of WildflowersField of WildflowersField of Wildflowers

With Grand Tetons Mtns in background
Wed, 25 June, 2008- Along both sides of Hwy 191 north from Rock Springs is all wide open sage prairie; a vast open area ranging from flat to gently rolling. Here and there are ranches or farms with long sprinkler arms watering great green circular hay fields. About 40 miles north of Rock Springs we started to see snowy mountains far to the NE. After the town of Pinedale, we began to see greener valleys chock full of wildflowers. Their sweet scent filled the air. In Bridger-Teton National Forest the wildflowers covered the sides of the mountains, mostly yellow, but pink, purple, white and orange, too. We crossed and recrossed (several times) the Hoback River, which was swollen, muddy and in a hurry to get where it was going. The Snake River was pretty much the same.
The Grand Teton Mountains are awesome. They still have a good bit of snow on them. We stopped at several of the overlooks on our way to the campground at Colter Bay. What a beautiful campground.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Snake River raftersSnake River rafters
Snake River rafters

Grand Teton NP
Our little camperOur little camper
Our little camper

Colter Bay campground, Grand Teton NP
Jackson LakeJackson Lake
Jackson Lake

Grand Teton NP
dusk at Jackson Lakedusk at Jackson Lake
dusk at Jackson Lake

Grand Teton NP


30th June 2008

Grand Teton\
What beautiful photos - the mountains are majestic. Hopefully we will get there someday! Have a great time and be safe! Love you lots!

Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0212s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1022.8kb