4th August 2010 – Wild Horses


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Wyoming » Cody
August 8th 2010
Published: August 8th 2010
Edit Blog Post

4th August 2010 - Wild Horses

Easy day today - got up and sorted out a couple of extra days in Cody - we won't leave here until Sunday now and then we are heading towards Billings/Little Big Horn - via Yellowstone. We've decided not to book anything and just take whatever we can get.

We then booked a tour out to the Wild Horses today and White water rafting for tomorrow. We thought we'd go swimming at the recreation centre in Cody but it was closed for maintenance. So we played minature golf instead - which Matthew won. Then back home for some lunch via Family Dollar which was quite interesting.

Lunch was a mix of salads and subs - followed by the Vanilla swirl ice cream. Got some nice shots of the deer nipping into the guy across the streams vegetable patch and scoffing whatever they could.

Then I setup the GPS so it would work on decimal and we headed back to Hells Stinky - which we found almost immediately this time. Then back to Sheridan Avenue to catch a yellow school bus out to the wild horses. Good trip out the guy gave a running commentary of what was happening and then took us across country (in the bus) to as close as we could get to the horses. This included a walk across the scrub which stirred up a Rattlesnake and we caught a "Horny Toad" - it's really a Lizard. Great pictures of the horses, many pictures of the horses and then we headed back home where a Pizza with a lb of Cheese on it awaited us!






Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 15; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0407s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb