5th to 7th August - Cody


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Wyoming » Cody
August 8th 2010
Published: August 8th 2010
Edit Blog Post

5th/6th/7th August 2010 - Lily Lake Mosquitos

On the 5th we got up early and went White Water rafting for a couple of hours then we went for a car ride out on the Chief Josepth Scenic Highway which peaked at about 8,500 ft. Picked up 3 Geocaches on the way.

On the 6th we shopped around town (K-Mart), hired a bike (I went for a cycle up Skyline Drive) and walked around scenic Cody (shopped...). We also booked in for a meal at Rib and Chops - for 9 (which was really good - and worth the wait even though we had booked!). Today was the day the balloon festival was supposed to start but unfortunately it rained/was too windy so we played Crazy golf again - watched the free concert in the park (RedElvis highlighted) and then Mafs changed his shirt.

On the 7th I got up early as I had the bike for 24 hours and I cycled up Cedarwood Mountains Drive - only took an hour to get up! - just over 1800 ft of climbing with no break! Then visited the Indian Spirit Cave and went swimming at the Paul Stock Aquatic centre and guess what onto Mini golf (got to beat that 44..). Booked tomorrow in Billings Montana.


Additional photos below
Photos: 36, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0359s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb