31st July to 3rd August - Slow slow here we go...


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Wyoming » Cody
August 1st 2010
Published: August 8th 2010
Edit Blog Post

31st July to 3rd August 2010 Slow slow here we go...

Rest day on the 31st - watched TV, washed clothes then took a trip out before tea to Cedarwood Drive - wow views and a half. Unbelievable drive - glad we had the 4x4 - just don't look down - didn't find the Geocache at the top. Then we eat at a nice Italian called Adriatco on Sheridan Drive.

On the 1st of August - we went to Buffalo Bill Dam over lunchtime and then had a Sunday lunch - gorgeous roast chicken! Drive out and about - then onto the Cody Night Rodeo (every day during the week over the summer) - this was very entertaining - from the bucking broncos, through the clowns to the bull riding (or falling of the bulls as nobody managed to stay on a bull for the full 8 seconds).

2nd of August - we went to Yellowstone! Everyone got up at a reasonable time and we headed upto the East entrance (50 miles from Cody). From there we went upto Yellowstone Lake (saw a Moose on the way) and caught the rear end of a beer running into the woods. At Sylvian Pass it was 8500 ft above sea level and about 10 F colder than in Cody. Gorgeous day though as the sky was blue. We did the Grand Loop - Lake, Thermal pools, Old Faithful, Yellowstone Grand Canyon and then back. Unbelievable scenery - this is one of the top 100 drives people shoul do before they die. We saw Moose, Elk, Bison and in the distance some bears! Long day got back at about 9.30 and had a McDonalds (the first of the holiday). The Internet and Phone was down but we had more telly channels!

3rd of August - went to get the phone/Internet sorted - couldn't get any phone to work so went round to Kims house. 20 minutes after I got home the internet was back on - someone came roudn and re-booted something outside. They had been round the previous day and done something to add more channels. We then went to the Buffalo Bill Museum which is really 5 Museums in 1 - we stayed for about 3 hours which didnt cover it all but at least gave us a good flavour. Then onto WalMart for some food/shopping and home for a late lunch @ 3 pm. After lunch the wind picked up so we went out to fly the kite. Excellent fun. Then onto a Family Dollar (which had just shut) and a Sports Shop (which mainly seemed to be fishing and guns). We wan't a late dinner so we played a round of Minature golf - won by Christopher and then onto Grannys for a late dinner. Kim the lady we rented from came in as we were eating - a coincedence as Cody is over 8000 people. Back to the Boulder Adobe for another game of scrabble!




Additional photos below
Photos: 55, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.15s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 66; dbt: 0.0645s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb