Steve's Quest For A New Sled-Part 2


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Wisconsin » Land O' Lakes
January 31st 2010
Published: February 7th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Little Bohemia LodgeLittle Bohemia LodgeLittle Bohemia Lodge

Manitowish Waters, WI-Site of the Dillinger shootout w/FBI in1934
Sunday morning Steve drove the boys down to Stevens Point to drop off Jack and Collin with the babysitter and then drove back to the cabin. We decided to meet at his cabin around 1:00 so I went for a little 65 mile loop ride through the forest roads and to the cabin. The late departure worked out fine for Jamie and Dale since they had ridden over 200 miles Saturday and made a lengthy pit stop at the Black Oak bar the night before. It was determined that the reason for the blown fuses was the electric heated shield plug and we convinced Steve he could ride without a problem if he just didn't plug that thing in. So, Steve, Jim, Jamie, Dale and I decided to make a 130 mile loop into the UP on Trail 2, then down to Presque Isle, WI where we caught Trail 8 to Manitowish Waters, location of the Little Bohemia Lodge. The Little Bohemia is famous for John Dillinger's big shootout with the FBI in 1934 while hiding out in the Northwoods. It's been portrayed in many movies, the most recent last year's Public Enemies, starring Johnny Depp as Dillinger. The Little Bohemia is a real interesting place to see, still very much the same as it was in 1934 with bullet holes in the windows and walls from the shootout with the most famous gangster of the time, John Dillinger, Public Enemy Number 1. We enjoyed a very good dinner at the Little Bohemia and made an uneventful ride home--no blown fuses or engines!!




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0357s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb