Day 24: Hoquiam, WA to Port Angeles, WA


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington
May 24th 2012
Published: May 27th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Day 24: Hoquiam, WA to Port Angeles, WA





Rained all night and until about 11 AM. Striking camp in the rain is a real pain for Charlie & Kerry, so we waited out the rain and managed to leave just before noon. It soon started raining off and on as far as Hoh Rain Forest in Glacier NP. We drove the 18 miles to the visitors center in Hoh Rainforest. The rainforest is really a lush botanical garden. One the way out we encountered a little bit of snow on the road that hadn't been there when we drove in. We stopped at a couple of the beaches - - what wild and beautiful places they are! They were windy and cold, but pretty none the less. We took a “short cut” to get to Salt Creek Recreation Area (our camp ground for the night) - - it was a “paved” road, narrow and paved mostly with asphalt patches, hilly and curvy!! Charlie's adventure road. But it led to a really nice park with nice level paved camping spaces and really nice views of Juan de Fuca Strait, and Vancouver Island on the other side. This campground was booked solid for the Memorial Day Week end. Gena got a couple really nice sunset photos. There were just under a dozen deer grazing and dosing in the playing field, and when I got up there was a raccoon in the space next to ours helping himself to the crumbs the people left in a doughnut box when they went fishing.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.728s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.5605s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb