Brought to you by...


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington
July 25th 2005
Published: July 26th 2005
Edit Blog Post

The new Mar T DinerThe new Mar T DinerThe new Mar T Diner

Twede's still draws the faithful looking for cherry pie and damn fine coffee.
...sponsored by the wishy washy washing machine company of Walla Walla Washington. Phew, say that ten times fast!!

We started out this morning searching for Twin Peaks Kitsch. Remember now, the tv series we are referring to was over fifteen years ago. The Mar T Diner is there, but renamed after being rebuilt from an arson fire. We went in and it still advertises Damn Fine Coffee and Cherry Pie! They have done a good job with memorabilia from the series in the corridor as well. There is construction in North Bend so we were not able to go and see if the sign welcoming travellers to Twin Peaks is really there. We've read conflicting reports on the internet as to whether or not it still exists. We did see the high school and the football field that was featured in the series... not much has changed. We were told by the staff in the Mar T (now Twede's) that next week there will be lots of Twin Peaks stuff going on at the annual TP Festival.

Our next quest on the road trip was to get Eric to Walla Walla Washington. He has a thing about towns mentioned
MemorabiliaMemorabiliaMemorabilia

Agent Cooper and Sheriff Harry S. Truman and others.
by Bugs Bunny! Walla Walla did not disappoint. It is quite a long trek south of the I-90, but well worth it. No statues in deference to Bugs himself, but a lovely place none the less.

Our most challenging driving so far was today after we left Walla Walla.... we wound our way back up north to the I-90 at Spokane. We had to go through, around, and over a lot of rolling hills, complete with rolling tumbleweeds!

We're resting for the night in a little town called Wallace, Idaho... grand population of 960. Tomorrow is another big drive day. We hope to be in Deadwood, South Dakota by the time we call it quits for the day. Stay Tuned...


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Walla WallaWalla Walla
Walla Walla

"The town so nice, they named it twice." We thought for sure this welcome sign would have a statue of our favorite Bugs Bunny... guess the locals aren't as enthralled as we are!


26th July 2005

twin peaks + bugs bunny....
...that would have been some cartoon/surrealistic mystery show. Have fun in Deadwood! Is that the same Deadwood from the critically acclaimed HBO series of the same name?
26th July 2005

lucky!!!!
cool - a road trip inspired by popular culture. you said that Walla Walla did not dissapoint.... but you didn't say what made it so. lack of bunnys?

Tot: 0.173s; Tpl: 0.043s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0673s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb