Twin Peaks Bound


Advertisement
Published: July 26th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Snoqualmie FallsSnoqualmie FallsSnoqualmie Falls

The Salish Lodge and Snoqualmie Falls. A gorgeous location made more interesting by being linked to the cult classic, Twin Peaks.
We were up early and on our way from Victoria to Snoqualmie, Washington. This necessitated a two hour ferry ride between Sidney to Anacortes, Washington. The ferry ride was really gorgeous as it weaved between many large islands between Vancouver Island and the US.

The drive from Anacortes towards Seattle was smooth but the highway traffic was thick. We didn't get into any mountain driving until we bypassed Seattle. The trip was actually one of our shorter drives.

Snoqualmie is one of the small towns in upper Washington State that was home to the cult classic Twin Peaks. Both Eric and I wanted to see the place where the tv series was filmed. The Salish Lodge (The Great Northern on tv) has been turned into a luxury spa. We really wished we had a couple of days to spend here! The lodge is built on the side of a mountain beside a hydro dam and the Snoqualmie Falls. They are taller than Niagra Falls... but not as wide!

We were able to walk around the grounds for awhile after we arrived and able to get some up close views of the falls. The scenery was absolutely wonderful. Before we leave town on Monday we are going to go through North Bend which was the other town that hosted the tv show. We'll try to find the Mar T Diner, the high school and the Welcome to Twin Peaks sign. Stay Tuned....

Advertisement



26th July 2005

Hey, was it spoooky or what! Did you start talking strangely after visiting the village? Sounds like Victoria was awesome. So glad you are having lots of fun. Cheers, Cheryl

Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0701s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb