Frisbee Anyone?


Advertisement
Published: July 26th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Golf TeamGolf TeamGolf Team

The gang on a break midway in the last set of nine holes.
Today's outing was to Pender Island. To get there we needed to travel up island to Sidney to catch a ferry, for a 45 minute ride. Wayne and Nichole organized the excursion to go play frisbee golf. Eric and I had never done this so we figured it was a golf course that you use frisbees. Not too difficult right? Were we wrong! Frisbee Golf is better described as a sport for mountain goats! The course is on the side of a mountain and the idea is to throw your frisbee up or down, in between and around trees toward a steel pin or basket (depending on which course you're on). There are 27 holes.... three sets of nine, most valued at par 3.

There were five of us playing. Eric, me, Peter, Wayne (pro) and Nichole. Nic and I stopped counting at 12 over par. Eric held his own pretty good, Wayne is a pro at the course since he worked on the island and used to play every day when he was younger (a fact that he failed to disclose when we were planning this excursion) and Peter, well lets just say that Peter is a lawyer that
Golf TerrainGolf TerrainGolf Terrain

Hills, old growth forest plus frisbees equals frisbee golf on Pender Island.
cannot count! After every second hole he declared himself at par! We're pretty sure he missed a few shots along the way.

It was an awesome way to spend a day. Lots of laughs, a few beverages, good friends and exercise to boot! After lunch the girls relaxed on the beach and the boys went back for another 18 holes.

Tomorrow is departure day as we start our trip home. We've added pictures to this entry as well as to some of the earlier entries that were missing photos. Stay Tuned.....

Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.046s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb