Day 4 - Baseball Again and the EMP


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington » Seattle
July 24th 2014
Published: July 25th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Safeco TourSafeco TourSafeco Tour

Sculpture just outside of the stadium at home plate entrance.
Sean has truly enjoyed the last 2 days filled with baseball. Today we did a tour of Safeco field in the morning seeing all of the behind the scenes stuff including the press box, the owners box, and the field. After the tour we headed back into town to the EMP (Experience Music Project) Museum - wow. This is really an eclectic place - Jimi Hendrix tribute, Nirvana tribute, Sci Fi and Horror film tributes, an enormous tower of guitars, an enormous screen showing all sorts of music videos and highlights, and a floor where you can experiment with instruments, vocals, and mixing music. And the topper for the day was our second baseball game - Mariners vs. Orioles with an unfortunate loss of 4-0. Sean got Chris Davis of the Orioles to throw him a ball during batting practice and Drew posted an Instagram picture of the roof retracting that made it to the big screen during the game. A great day overall.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Safeco TourSafeco Tour
Safeco Tour

Drew and Sean tryout the home team dug out.
Safeco TourSafeco Tour
Safeco Tour

Sean, Drew, and Dean try out the visitors side dug out.
Safeco TourSafeco Tour
Safeco Tour

The guys dreaming about being in the dugout during a real game.
Safeco TourSafeco Tour
Safeco Tour

In the press box. This is a spot where a foul ball hit the wall behind them. Netting is a tad short behind home plate. Oops.
Safeco TourSafeco Tour
Safeco Tour

Sean, Mary Ann, and Drew try out the press box - ready to report on the game.
Safeco TourSafeco Tour
Safeco Tour

The bat chandelier - made out of resin bats - at the home plate entrance.
EMPEMP
EMP

The tower of guitars - floor to ceiling - really cool.
EMPEMP
EMP

Cool entrance to the sci-fi exhibit. Dean gets a shot of Sean, Mary Ann, and Drew walking thru.
EMPEMP
EMP

Architectural exhibit made out of legos. This is the Gherkin in London.
EMPEMP
EMP

Sean takes a shot at playing the keyboard
Mariners vs. OriolesMariners vs. Orioles
Mariners vs. Orioles

Chris Taylor's first at bat in the majors
Mariners vs. OriolesMariners vs. Orioles
Mariners vs. Orioles

Drew's instagram photo and comment makes the big screen during the game


25th July 2014

FUN!!
The EMP looks cool!! Good thing Drew spelled everything right in his Instagram photo!

Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0685s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb