Seattle- July 1st


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington » Seattle
July 2nd 2009
Published: July 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Puget SoundPuget SoundPuget Sound

Bainbridge Island in the background
Had a really nice day in Seattle. Walked to the Pike Place Market, which must be the biggest Farmer's Market in the world (with shops, clothing, and arts and crafts too). Really cool. Saw the Original Starbucks down there and found the Martin Family Orchards stall. Walked down to the Waterfront and walked along the Piers for awhile. Found the sculpture park at the end of the piers. Walked up to the Seattle Center area and saw the Sapce Needle. Decided not to pay the $20 to ride to the top. Took the monorail back to the hotel to take a shower. Walked back down to the Pike Place Market and found Matt's in the Market and had a really good catfish sandwich for lunch. Made from fresh ingredients found in the Market. Walked down to the Pioneer Square area, which is another neat area. Saw Quest Field, but didn't want to walk another five blocks to see Safeco Field. Walked through the Waterfall Park. Found Elliot Bay Bookstore in Pioneer Square and picked up a book. Grabbed a cup of coffee and sat down on a bench in the park with the totem pole to rest my feet. Read for about 2 1/2 hours until I felt it was time to go. Walked back to Pike Place Market and grabbed some dinner, then back to my hotel.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



2nd July 2009

Farmers Market
Nice! I went back to that Farmers Market in SF almost every day... ha! A new French place opened up too and they had great sandwiches. This Farmers Market sounds great!
2nd July 2009

Sounds like a great day, Matt. Like the pics!
2nd July 2009

fun
Boy Matt, What a fun filled day! Your pictures are freat and really connect with your blog itis so awesome. Glad you are having fun and seeing it all. I wouldn't have payed a dime yo go to the top of the space needle you know me but glad you got to see it. Waterfall Park looks really cool. The Market sounds like Les and my heavan on earth. Love is... Bizz
2nd July 2009

You finally got to experience the great city of Seattle and the state of Washington, which you have always had on your top 10. Sounds like a wonderful experience and it looks beautiful!
2nd July 2009

Seattle
I love Seattle! Janice and I were there about a year ago in April I think. Did lots of the same stuff you did. Beautiful area!

Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 8; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0561s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb