Seattle- July 2nd


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington » Seattle
July 3rd 2009
Published: July 3rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Another great day in Seattle. Did a lot of the same stuff as yestarday, but still great. I really like this city. Went down to Pike Place Market in the morning and got a muffin and some coffee. Walked around some of the shops again. That palce is so big and mazelike, I bet you could walk around in it for years and then all of a sudden discover someplace you never knew was there. Walked down to Pioneer Square and had lunch at the Elliot Bay Cafe below the Elliot Bay Bookstore. Didn't know this before today, but it is the place that Frazier and Niles used to go to in Frazier. Walked a few blocks to the Klondike Goldrush Museum and looked around in there for a while and watched a film. Walked back to the Elliot Bay Cafe and grabbed a coffee and walked across the street to Occidental Park. Sat down and read for a while. After a while I got up and looked at some of the stalls they had set up in the park. The first Thursday of the month is kind of a big deal in the arts community of Pioneer Square. Saw a nice little oil canvas painting of Pike Place Market and bought it. Had a nice 5 minute conversation with the artist who was very friendly. Walked back down to Pike Place Market and grabbed a coffee and sat down and read some more. Nice views of the Elliot Bay again, and I saw Mt. Rainier to the southeast today, which I somehow missed yestarday. Pretty stunning. Grabbed some dinner at a restaurant in Pike Place Market. Very good. Walked back to the hotel to start planning the next few days. I'm going to miss this town. Sorry, no pictures today.

Advertisement



3rd July 2009

Good for you
Matt, This city just sounds amazing. Glad you are seeing some awesome sights. Happy traveling! Love is... Bizz
5th July 2009

Happy 4th!
Happy 4th of July Matt! Are you watching the fireworks anywhere? Per your inspiration, I read a book in the park yesterday.. probably not quite the same view you are enjoying, but it was still nice!
5th July 2009

Wimbledon
Matt, did you get to watch any Wimbledon today? HOLY CRAP

Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0468s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb