Seattle, The Hike


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington » Seattle
August 4th 2002
Published: August 4th 2002
Edit Blog Post

Melakwa LakeMelakwa LakeMelakwa Lake

Once we'd reached the top, we had to trek down a little way to reach the lake. But this was the first look of the lake I got which took my breath away.
Wow... I don't even know what to say about this. We did a 4 mile trek up a mountain, at the top was the most beautiful lake called Melakwa Lake.  Melakwa stands for Mosquito, luckily for me I didn't see any, must've been a little chilly for them.  We picked a spot under some trees to have a little picnic as it started raining. Oh man... this was just it!! So peaceful and serene, cool, beautiful, ice still floating in the lake... it was just amazing!

Then fog, or clouds, just starting rolling in across the lake, we just watched it engulf the mountains in front of us, and as it hugged it's way around the lake and all around us.... it was amazing! I have no idea how to describe it, I hope the pictures I post does it justice! Once we got back to the bottom, we'd done a little over 9 miles, the top being about 5,500 ft. We headed home to Daves, picked up pizza and movies, and just vegged around the house all night! Movie of the night being Harry Potter (the 1st one), which I thought was great!

I'm not looking forward to
The HikersThe HikersThe Hikers

Just got started, time for a photo op. Left to Right: Dave, Carina and Me
getting back to 100+ degree weather, thats going to really suck!





Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

CheeeseCheeese
Cheeese

Dave and I as the clouds crawl in the background.
Along the trailAlong the trail
Along the trail

Small streams and brooks crossed our paths all day. Very peaceful.


17th May 2006

Not Melakwa!
Hi there, Nice pictures, but that wasn't Lake Melakwa, that was Snow Lake. You can see what it looks like in nice weather at http://community.webshots.com/album/154632793ENQSlI. The first picture is taken from the same location that you took yours. You can see Lake Melakwa at http://community.webshots.com/album/83139792ggrUJY. It is a very nice hike. You should visit it sometime! Snow and Melakwa are in the same neighborhood. One lake is on one side of Chair Peak, the other lake is on the other side.

Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0663s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb