Flight Delay


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington » Seattle
April 9th 2009
Published: April 12th 2009
Edit Blog Post

There's NOTHING quite as exciting as a 3hr delay while you're already on the aeroplane...

Our aeroplane had some sort of leak in one of the water tanks, which it took the maintenance people almost 2 hours to figure out that they couldn't fix, so then they spent another hour connecting the two hoses together so the leak itself "wouldn't matter".

I was honestly too exhausted to care much, save for the fact that we were 3hrs late off the ground and I had an EXACTLY 3hr layover in Frankfurt. We were told by the captain that we'd taken on extra fuel to try to make-up some time, and that we were going to fly into a higher latitude than usual, however in the end that didn't do us any good.

It was about 4-5 hours later when I woke up to open the window and be blinded by the light reflecting off of the rocky peaks and snow of Greenland inland from Ittoqqortoormiit. By the time we'd reached Ittoqqortoormiit half an hour later, the clouds were covering the coastline. From there we flew north of Iceland, between the Faroes and Shetlands, and across the North Sea until we came along the Danish coastline somewhere near Esbjerg. Watching that coastline slide by until we hit Ottendorf was a strange sight with it's shallow and sandy waters, especially compared to the bright whiteness of Greenland...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0374s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb