Oklahoma City to Seattle

United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington » Seattle
September 7th 2018
Published: September 10th 2018
Edit Blog Post

I apologize for not posting the past two days of our Alaskan Cruise, but for some reason I have been having trouble logging in on this travel site and very slow internet speed. I think I have it figures out now so we shouldn't have any more issues. This first post will be covering the first three days of our trip.

Currently we are on the Holland America Euradam on our way to Juneau, Alaska.

We left for our trip on Friday evening flying from Oklahoma City to Seattle nonstop on Alaskan Airlines. I really do love that we have a nonstop flight to Seattle. The flight lasts about four hours and was a very smooth and pretty uneventful flight. Drury and I both had dinner on the plane and the flight attendant was very nice. We arrived a little early in Seattle and after grabbing our bags headed to our hotel, The Kimpton Palladium. The hotel is located about two blocks from Pike's Market so it is in a great location.

Since I had used points for our hotel room instead of actually paying for it, our view from our hotel room was the alley, but the room was very nice and very interestingly decorated. All of the walls in the hotel lobby and hallways were dark. It was kind of weird at first but I really did like the trey decorated hotel.

Drury and I woke up and immediately headed to Pike's Market where I wanted to go get breakfast Peroshkies. Not sure if I spelled that correctly, but it's this great pastry stuffed with meat and onions.

We walked around the market and through the Gum Wall on our way to the boardwalk area where we strolled to catch the ferry to Bainbridge Island. It was a beautiful sunny clear day in Seattle so the views were incredible as we pulled away and could see the entire downtown Seattle area.

Arriving in Bainbridge we took a scenic trail to get to Doc's Grill Restaurant. We had to backtrack once as we took a wrong turn, but once we found the right path it was smooth sailing. Drury and I ate lunch and then took the short walk back to the ferry terminal to head back to Seattle.

Once back at the hotel we relaxed for about an hour before we met Kristy at the hotel. As soon as she arrived and checked in we headed to the Mayflower Hotel where we had some cocktails and snacks before having dinner at a great sushi restaurant that Drury and I have eaten at several times before.

We all went to bed early as the next day we would be boarding the ship for our cruise to Alaska.

After we all got ready Saturday morning we headed to a french bakery where we all grabbed some quick pastries and then walked the market as it was Kristy's first trip to Seattle. We showed her all of the wonderful things to see and buy at the market and then proceeded to the pier again via the Gum wall where we had lunch at Elliot's Seafood. I had some delicious crab legs while Drury had an assortment of raw oysters.

After lunch it was time to board the ship. We took an Urber to the Cruise Terminal and since it was 1:30 in the afternoon, there was absolutely no line for security or check-in. We basically just walked right on board the ship and straight to our cabin. The three of us are sharing a balcony cabin. I thought it would be crowded with three people, but it's a nice size cabin and it's not crowded at all.

We had an early buffet dinner instead of going to the dining room and then went to bed early as it had been a long day.


This morning both Drury and Kristy had massages scheduled early so I took my time and got ready and then headed to the buffet for breakfast and then relaxed in the covered pool area. After their massages Drury and Kristy found me in the pool area and I went with them to eat breakfast again. Yes, I had to breakfasts...and it was good!

We spent most of the day exploring the ship and relaxing. It's formal night on the ship tonight so instead of dressing up for dinner we went to the buffet again.

All three of us are very impressed with the ship and the food. This is our first Holland America cruise and s far, I don't this will be our last.

Tomorrow we arrive in Juneau and are planning on going to the Glacier Park that is close to Juneau and walking to the waterfall. We should have beautiful pictures and I will hopefully be able to post them tomorrow.

Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 25


Oceania's RegattaOceania's Regatta
Oceania's Regatta

This is the ship we took to the Amazon as well as through Canada & New England
Our drinks at lunchOur drinks at lunch
Our drinks at lunch

Kristy was teaching us how to use the portrait mode for pictures on our phone.
Interesting art in the hotel lobbyInteresting art in the hotel lobby
Interesting art in the hotel lobby

These were books hung on the wall with drawings that made an octopus
The rainbow continued into the waterThe rainbow continued into the water
The rainbow continued into the water

This was very weird as it wasn't a reflexion of the rainbow above but seemed to go into the water.

Tot: 2.41s; Tpl: 0.057s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.04s; 2; m:saturn w:www (; sld: 2; ; mem: 1.4mb