Flight Home: Saigon - Seoul - San Francisco - Denver - Oklahoma City


Advertisement
South Korea's flag
Asia » South Korea » Seoul
March 5th 2017
Published: March 8th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Our last day in Asia has arrived. Drury and I really do not want to go home. We have really enjoyed this whole trip and fell in love with all of the people and places we visited. I knew this would be an interesting trip but I really didn't think I would enjoy it as much as I did.

For the first time this trip Drury and I got to sleep in till 8am. We had breakfast in the hotel and then met Margo at the War Remnant Museum. I didn't take any pictures at the museum as it really isn't American Friendly. In Vietnam they call the Vietnam War the American War. Throughout the museum it doesn't show the U.S in the best of light, but it was interesting to see a different perspective of the War and how the people in North Vietnam viewed it. Talking with a lot of people in South Vietnam we found out they really do like Americans but are not allowed to speak out at all against their government and they do have freedom, but it is still very limited.

After the museum we went to the Rex Hotel and had lunch at their garden room and relaxed for a while. Margo, Drury and I had a great Western Lunch as I had a hamburger and Drury had a club sandwich. We had a few drinks and talked about our favorite experiences from the trip.

Drury and I headed back to the hotel to try and nap a little as our flight leaves at 12:30am to Seoul. We didn't sleep much but it was nice to relax for a few hours. We met Margo and Javi at the Hard Rock Cafe for dinner and listened to some of the live music before saying goodbye. Drury and I had the hotel car service take us to the airport which wound up being a very smart move as they drove us in a nice BMW and when we arrived a representative from the hotel met us and immediately took our luggage and escorted us to the check-in counter and stayed with us until we walked through immigration. Talk about excellent service!

We boarded our flight to Seoul, which lasted about 5 hours and it was a comfortable flight except they kept the cabin a little too warm and it was hard to sleep. Once we arrived it was about 7:00am and we had 11 hours till our flight to San Francisco was leaving at 6:00pm. Drury and I decided to get a day room located at the airport. This wound up being a great investment as you stay inside security at the airport and we both got our own room and slept for several hours. The rooms are really basic but nice. It was pretty much a small hotel room with a bed, TV, and a small full bath with shower. We left our room at 4:00pm and headed to the lounge fully refreshed. We then headed to Asiana's lounge where we hung out till our flight was ready to board.

We boarded our 11 hour flight to San Francisco and had some dinner, watched a couple of movies and tried to get some sleep. Drury and I had the middle seats and didn't have control of our air vents and sometimes the cabin did get a little too warm again. Going through customs was a breeze as we have Global Entry and then we had to recheck our bags as we were flying on different tickets from San Francisco to OKC. By the time we rechecked our bags it was actually time to board our next flight to Denver. We rushed to get to the gate when about half the plane had boarded and took our seats. The pilot came on when it was time to leave and informed us that a passenger had dropped their phone between the panels of the airplane and they had to remove an outer panel and retrieve the phone before we could take off. I'm not even sure how you can drop your phone between the plane's panels, but I guess there is a way as it took over 90 minutes before they retrieved the phone and we took off for Denver.

Since we had a four hour layover in Denver we had plenty of time to make our next flight and the delayed flight didn't bother us at all. Our flight to OKC was pretty uneventful and we finally arrived in OKC at 11:00pm. What was interesting about the whole flight back was Drury and I left at 12:30am on March 5th and arrived in OKC at 11:00pm on the same day, March 5th. Our total travel time was over 40 hours but it all happened in one day since we crossed the international date line.

We finally arrived back home at around midnight and immediately headed to bed.

***This is the last blog post on this trip to Asia. I want to thank all of you that followed Drury and I on our adventure as we travelled to Asia for the first time. We met some new friends and really had a great time. Traveling with Overseas Adventure Travel is definitely and adventure and a lot of fun. I would highly recommend them if you are interested in a tour anywhere in the world. Now that I have this travel blog site I will probably be posting all of our future trips on here. I might even try and see if I can post our trips in the past or at least their photos.

Thanks again and I highly encourage everyone to keep traveling and exploring!***


Additional photos below
Photos: 36, Displayed: 25


Advertisement

Spring RollsSpring Rolls
Spring Rolls

Loved the presentation
Seoul Incheon AirportSeoul Incheon Airport
Seoul Incheon Airport

This airport is rated one of the best in the world
Asiana's First Class LoungeAsiana's First Class Lounge
Asiana's First Class Lounge

It was really nice as for a while we were the only ones there


Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.056s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb