Hoh Rain Forest


Advertisement
Published: June 16th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Hi All. Yesterday we ventured to the Hoh Rain Forest in Olympic National Park. It took another ferry from Couteville to Port Townsend and then 135 mile drive to the Hoh visitor center. It took about 3 1/2 hours for the drive each way. Driving is very slow in this part of Washington with the two lane roads and lots of road construction. We did have two hours of hiking around in the area before heading back to the Port Townsend ferry. The Hoh Rain Forest is one of the wettest places in the continental US. It receives nearly 12 FEET of rain a year. We get that much in St George every 20 years. The area is absolutely beautiful. After taking the ferry back to Couteville we found a great little neighborhood sea food restaurant. Couteville is a wonderful little town with a great old waterfront. Today we are going to Deception State Park and check out some coastal trails.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



16th June 2019

Coupeville
Dave - you are too funny - at first I thought once was a misspell - but 3x? it's COUPEVILLE - and if you didn't stop into Toby's for the most incredible bowls of mussels and garlic bread and draft beer - in the world - not much point in stopping at Coupeville! - one of my most favorites. in fact, I will be there in couple of weeks - I'll have one for you! And only 2 hrs in the Rain Forest - when I was there as a grad student many, many years ago - during a drought - huge disappointment.
17th June 2019

I was trying to write this on the fly in between Wi-Fi outages and my spelling is always questionable. Too many hits in the back of the head. We really enjoyed Coupeville.

Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0845s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb