The sand between your toes


Advertisement
North America » United States » Virginia » Virginia Beach
August 10th 2014
Published: August 11th 2014
Edit Blog Post

After a time, you find yourself longing for it. You know its not that far away, but it seems that way. You’re all caught up in the hustle and bustle of everyday life, but in quieter moments, you think about it. Its call cannot be ignored. You have to go to once again listen to that magical and calming sound. You form a plan, and then on the appointed day, there you are, where you always love to ... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 36, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Nisrine- MoroccoNisrine- Morocco
Nisrine- Morocco

We loved talking about her homeland
Wide beachWide beach
Wide beach

Virginia Beach
Brutus tanningBrutus tanning
Brutus tanning

Not for too long, don't want him to fade!
Fishing PierFishing Pier
Fishing Pier

along the boardwalk
Run SlideRun Slide
Run Slide

amusement park
VitaminsVitamins
Vitamins

Bloody Mary
FarewellFarewell
Farewell

Virginia Beach



11th August 2014

endless crashing of waves on the shore
Not just Nirvana...necessary brain surgery for those who can experience it
11th August 2014

Sand between our toes
Dave here.......If the brain surgery is necessary, perhaps Nirvana is the destination!
11th August 2014
Glistening beginning of the day

Amazing photo!
It looks like liquid gold. We totally get it, sometimes the sea is calling...looks like a fun trip.
11th August 2014
Glistening beginning of the day

The sand
The beach is always calling....how long can one ignore it?
12th August 2014
Sun rising on another beautiful day

Disney Beach!
50,000 people, toys and entertainment galore--sounds pretty full-on, but how great that it didn't feel crowded and you found a spot of family at the Greek restaurant. And with dolphins--what a bonus!
12th August 2014
Sun rising on another beautiful day

Virginia Beach
Always good to be near the water and the dolphins were spectacular. We went to the Greek restaurant 3 nights in a row. It was great.
12th August 2014

Ahh, you made me homesick :-(
Oh, how I miss the ocean. The Mississippi will never be a substitute for me. Thanks for bringing the sights, smells, and tastes of a beach to me. Carolyn
12th August 2014

Homesick
We agree...no substitutions for an ocean. We love the salt air, the smells of the sea and fish all the senses come alive. I love mountains but nothing speaks to me like the sound of the sea.
12th August 2014

You missed the salt water taffy!
There's always a next time. You hit the jackpot with the Greek restaurant...with Moroccan food too. Linda and I lived in that area when we were first married. Linda's brother lives in Virginia Beach so we get there occasionally.
12th August 2014

Salt Water Taffy
I eat little junk food these days so I'd go with ice cream over salt water taffy any day. Hope you'll come for a visit soon. We'd love to see you again.
12th August 2014
A Champagne Morning

What better way to start the day?!
Champagne and sand between the toes, sounds perfect to us. Having both grown up right next to the sea, when we are far from it for too long, we miss it. The sound of the waves crashing is magical.
12th August 2014
A Champagne Morning

Sand between our toes
Ah good, kindred spirits who understand that music to our ears. Nothing better than the crashing waves to calm to soul...not that it needs calming after a bit of champagne but who can take that chance.
12th August 2014

the perfect American beach (from a foreign perspective)
Reading some Kerouac on the beach while getting sun-kissed! + Pancakes for breakfast, cinnamon rolls for a snack, bacon cheese burger for dinner! (who needs healthy, it's a holiday!) And pretty ladies playing beach volleyball! What did I forget?
12th August 2014

Virginia Beach
Plenty of pretty girls playing volleyball on this beach and working on their tans. It does sound like a place you might enjoying spending a few days. Plenty of liquid refreshments steps away and plenty of burgers.
12th August 2014

Great Blog
I really enjoyed reading your blog. It sounds like you both had a relaxing and regenerating time at Virginia beach. I loved how you got up early in the morning to watch the sky become light, listening to the waves and watching the dolphins. It has made me feel relaxed just reading your blog.
12th August 2014

Hey Alan
So good to hear from you again. I think we have a couple of your blogs to go back and read. Yes the morning is a great time to be out on the beach waiting for the day to get started. The dolphins were amazing. I love knowing they are out there frolicking while I am swimming. It was a nice trip.
12th August 2014

Virginia Beach
As always a great "2nd hand" visit. Love your observations!! The Greek and Moroccan food sounded and looked fantastic.
12th August 2014

Sand in our toes
We had a nice time in Virginia Beach and as always the treat for us was meeting new people and talking travel. The food they prepared for us was a delight.
13th August 2014

Hush puppies?
I've never heard of a hush puppy....other than the shoes and I'm sure they weren't on offer on the buffet! I had to google it. Looks tasty. What a nice time at the beach....
13th August 2014

Hush puppies
Hush puppies are a wonderful southern treat. All kinds of calories. They are made with corn meal and so they go great with seafood.
13th August 2014

Perfect getaway!
So glad you both had such a lovely sounding weekend away. The hunt for the hush puppies continues!
13th August 2014

Hush puppies
Yes I need to work harder at obtaining my goal. I allowed myself to get sidetracked by amazing Greek & Moroccan foods. I'm sure I can hunt them down.
13th August 2014

Cool
Hello guys, nice blog! Never heard of Virginia Beach before. On the east coast of th USA, I've only heard of Atlantic City and Myrtle Beach. Glad to read that you guys had fun. Take care!! Elton
13th August 2014

Virginia Beach
Hello Elton, Virginia Beach is lesser known than Myrtle Beach but very popular. It is easy to get to from Virginia, D.C., Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey and the Carolinas. It is a very fun and family oriented beach. It is fun watching the Naval fighters fly over. You've been around the world a couple of times. You'll have to check it out in the future.
14th August 2014

Snap
Hi there... well you will see from my last blog that I also was at Beach Capitalism Central in Alanya..... And listen... if you ever do make it to Australia when I am home you will blow your socks off at my beach.... tranquil and all to yourself early in the morning.... ....but enough of that. I am in Lesvos now trying to ignore the prices after Turkey (and I only had just gotten used to prices after India). Swimming is good though. Ciao
14th August 2014

Greek Isles
We have not been to Greece since 2003 but it still remains one of my favorites for many reasons. Although all us travelers know comparing countries is an apples to oranges kind of thing. We didn't make it to Lesvos so I guess we are forced to return. Glad you are free to move around the world. We spent two months in Australia but are eager to return. Have a great day.
28th August 2014

I swear I hear tides after reading your blog. It sounds a very relaxing and even nostalgic trip. What lovely hospitality you experienced at the Greek Restaurant (both Greek, Moroccan and more) -- those unexpected moments of genuine human kindness are really the best. ;)
28th August 2014

Virginia Beach
It is a touristy beach but great for families so you may want to consider it in the future. Very clean and well laid out. Good for active people and you never have to drive any place once you get there. The people we met were amazing. Thanks for finding the time to read.

Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 20; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0664s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb