Hanging about in Fairfax...


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Virginia » Fairfax
July 21st 2007
Published: August 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

I was woken up at about 5:30 by some noisy Virginian bird. Managed to go back to sleep until about 7:45. I went downstairs to read without bothering Ross, and was soon discovered by Boo and little Conor. He is soooooooooo cute, with the softest dark brown hair and the biggest brownish eyes--what a doll. We chatted and played while waiting for the boys tor surface, and then had a lovely Continental breakfast of bread, meat, cheee and fruit. Boo had bought some white Stilton and apricot just for me! We were lazy all morning, playing with Conor, helping Boo out, and finally getting cleaned up for the day. For lunch, we went to one of of my requested sites for our stay in DC, Lebanese Taverna, and would you believe that we were able to sit outside in Virginia, too?? The Weather Fairy has obviously taken a fancy to us, because many places we visited had nasty weather before and after, but never during our stays!! Tim said that the heat and humidity at the end of the week had been awful, but we were destined for 80* and dryer. After a wonderful lunch of different middle-eastern mezze, we popped over to a nearby mall so Owen could visit the Lego store. We then headed home and lazed about some more. I have been very happy with the books I bought in SA--great souvenirs, great reads! Got 3 days added to my blog, chatted to my parents, held and watched Conor some more, had some malva pudding (which Tim made earlier) and went to bed.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0498s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb