More of the same...


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Virginia » Fairfax
July 22nd 2007
Published: August 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Today could be a "cut-and-paste" of yesterday, except we went to the Jaipur, a FABULOUS Indian buffet, for lunch, and we went to Trader Joes instead of the mall. Spent part of the morning watching "the golf", playing with Conor, and changing his pants!! Enjoyed a lovely lunch, but was absolutely STUFFED when we left. The food was very, very good, with quite a nice variety of dishes, so it was hard to not try and sample everything. I only had seconds, but my stomach was just not used to that much food, and I was quite uncomfortable when we left. Ross felt a bit yucky, too! Trader Joes was another DC request (Smithsonian, Civil War battle fields, monuments...whatever!) That is one cool grocery store! I am glad that there is one in Minneapolis, because the chance of getting one in the Cedar Falls area is somewhere between zip and zero!! We got a few food goodies that are not available at home, and Ross found some killer beer at a nearby booze shop, so we all went home content--except young master Conor. Something was not right with the little fellow, and the ride home for him (and Boo) was torture. Once we got inside, he settled down a bit. Supper was watermelon, since we were all too full for much else. I kicked out a couple more blog entries, talked to Jilly on the phone, read "Spud" (having a tussle with Ross over this one!) and went to sleep at 10:15ish.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0467s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb