Lake Powell


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Utah
June 9th 2006
Published: June 12th 2006
Edit Blog Post

So, since we enjoyed Lake Powell and were told we could take the dogs in the lake off-leash, we decided to stay another night here. We hung out in the morning, fussing with this and photos, so go back to the previous journals as we have added some more photos to those.

We headed out to the lake around 1:00 or so, weather was nice, but we were reminded very quickly how windy the desert is. While Kathryn had the dogs in the water, Beth had her skin resurfaced!! It turned out that we had to keep the dogs on leash, which is why it looks like Kathryn is plowing the fields in the lake! The kept trying to play fight in the water and getting tangled up. We finally put their long leads on them and swam out with them, so we all could get some much needed exercise.

The Best Western Arizona Inn was great. Clean rooms, and we had a ground floor room with sliding glass door right next to a grassy area for the girls. We also had a beautiful view of the Glen Canyon Dam.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Dog Wrangling!!Dog Wrangling!!
Dog Wrangling!!

Unfotunately, they had to stay on leash...lots of people around.
Lone Rock Lone Rock
Lone Rock

This was a swimming area and campground.


Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0362s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb