Grand Canyon- in the rain!!


Advertisement
Published: June 9th 2006
Edit Blog Post

DAY TWO

We decided last night that we would just get up when we woke up this morning, knowing full well that the four-legged Girls would be whining for breakfast between 6 and 7. Surprisingly, Kiyoshi and Kaida actually slept until almost 8:00!! So, Kathryn attempted to sneak out of the motel room, girls in tow to feed them outside and beg them to finally relieve themselves (we won’t go into detail about how long it had been!)

We packed up and headed out to the Grand Canyon, in the rain again and a cool 60°. We felt pretty silly once we were outside because we had dressed for the weather the day before, remember, about 30° hotter?? We stopped in Tusayan and had a tasty lunch at We Cook Pizza & Pasta, yes that’s what it’s called. It was cool enough that we were able to let the girls continue their nap in the car while we enjoyed our lunch inside.

Then we headed for the Grand Canyon and felt even sillier when we saw that there was still snow on the ground!! Tank tops and flip flops were not the norm, that’s for sure! Once we
Does this look comfortable?Does this look comfortable?Does this look comfortable?

Some of the positions we found the dogs sleeping in were quite funny, you would have thought we were making them run along side the car, they were so tired!!
actually made it into the park the sun was once again out and keeping us warm. We wandered around the rim (dogs aren’t allowed below it) for a while. The girls were very well behaved in the company of the other tourists, and were even invited to give kisses to a little girl from Minnesota that hadn’t seen her own dogs in a week. It seemed that when there was no one around, we were reduced to consistently repeating, “Stop pulling!” After some trial runs, we figured our best bet is to have Beth walk Kaida in front of Kathryn and Kiyoshi. Otherwise, Kiyoshi whines when Kathryn is not walking her and if Kaida is in the rear, she struggles to be next to Kiyoshi, yeah she could care less who is holding her leash, as long as Kiyoshi’s not in front of her.

We got back on the road and drove through the Navajo Indian Reservation to our next stop, Page Arizona, on Lake Powell. The drive was beautiful and the view from our room is too and we were happy to find the temperature had risen to 71°. If ever here, we highly recommend Fiesta’s Mexican Restaurant,
Grand CanyonGrand CanyonGrand Canyon

The photos, or course do not do it justice, especially because it was kind of hazy.
but beware, portions are big!!

Not sure what our plans are for tomorrow, if weather is good, might decide to find a spot to hang around the lake for awhile and then figure out where to go from there!! We are having issues with some of the photos, that is why there aren't any from the Grand Canyon, so check back later to see if we have worked them out!



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Best Western Arizona Inn, Page AZBest Western Arizona Inn, Page AZ
Best Western Arizona Inn, Page AZ

Not sure if you can tell Beth is making a face, but look how Kiyoshi's looking at her!!
Sunset view over Glen Canyon DamSunset view over Glen Canyon Dam
Sunset view over Glen Canyon Dam

This picture was taken right outside our hotel room overlooking the dam and Lake Powell.


9th June 2006

So Cool!
Keep the blogs coming! This is great!
11th June 2006

We love it!
Glad to see that you are all doing well and the girls are sleeping through much of the trip. Rather have them be tired out than them tiring you out!

Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0431s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb