Zion and Bryce


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Utah
May 28th 2010
Published: November 10th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 37.2472, -112.664

We arrived late in the afternoon at Arrowhead Cabins for a 3 night stay. We had a huge lunch at 2:30 and were't sure if we needed dinner. Tomorrow, we head for Zion National Park for the day.
We got up early, well early for us, 8:00AM. We had an excellent breakfast at our cabin and headed out to Zion National Park. What a beautiful place! We parked the car at the visitor's center and got on the shuttle bus. It took us up to the Temple of Sinawava. There we hiked back to where the canyon got real narrow. We then hiked up to the Weeping Wall, which is an area of porous rock that water flows through, creating a kind of hanging garden. We then did the Grotto trail back to the Zion Lodge and had lunch. There were so many Cottonwood trees dropping seeds that it looked like it was snowing. After lunch, we shuttled back to the visitor's center and headed west toleave the park. We proceeded north to Kolob Canyons, which is another part of Zion Park. Lots of red rocks, little canyons and beautiful views. Tomorrow we head for Bryce National Park.
We got up, had breakfast and headed out to Bryce. A very beautiful park with lots of red hoodoos. We hit all of the lookouts and did a little hiking. We got back to our cabin around 6. Tomorrow, a long drive, 330 miles, to Eureka, Nev. for the pitstop for the night. On Tuesday, we drive another 300 miles to our home.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

flowersflowers
flowers

These flowers are about an eighth of an inch in diameter growing out of a pile of rock.


31st May 2010

Glad you liked Zion and Bryce. Anne and I got home today(Sunday) @ 3:00pm from Tehachapi. Can't wait to get together to look at pictures. See you soon.

Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0186s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb