Vegas to Zion


Advertisement
Published: July 5th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We left Vegas this morning to head over to Zion. It took about two and a half hours. Not to bad of a drive. We stayed at the Zion Lodge which is located in the park. It really is nice to be able to stay right in the park with the girls. For a side note, there was not a TV nor a pool at the Lodge. I'm not sure who was more dissapointed Mark with no SportsCenter or the girls without a swimming pool. Once we got settled and checked in we decided to start hiking. We hiked the lower,middle and upper emerald pools. The total hike was just 2 -3 miles round trip. The lower pools were pretty weak. I see more rain on the street after a rainstorm at home. Then we hiked to the upper pools. That hike was tough. It was pretty vertical, sandy, about 100 degrees and the sun was right on us the whole way up. So it was a pretty tough hike. I'm not going to lie, the girls did way better than I did. :-) Once we got to the top however, there was a nice pond. The sign said no swimming, I however, am a rebble and let the girls get wet. We then hiked down to the middle pools. We saw a lot more of the trickling water down the mountains and a nice waterfall. After that we decided to go tubing down the Virgin River. Caitlin was too little to go so Mark went with Bre, Melissa, and Brendan. One thing about Zion. It is truely a spectacular place. Finished the day by eating at the Pizza and Noodle Company. Good pizza and pasta. Tomorrow we get to hike the Narrows. I'm really excited.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



5th July 2009

love the blog
Love the pictures Zion looks really beautiful but also looks hot. Keep the blog going we love to see what's going on with you guys. LOve you lots have fun and be careful. Love mom and Robert
6th July 2009

looks like you are having fun.. Love being able to follow you guys on the trip and hear about the places you are staying. tell the girls hi from us. Jen and Julia
6th July 2009

BORING
You could have walked around my backyard and pond for as fun as this looks. Plus Marc would have TV

Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0354s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb