Way Out West 2019


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Utah » Zion National Park
September 3rd 2019
Published: September 12th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Today we had to pack up the car and check out of our Airbnb condo but it was only 4.5 hours of driving to Las Vegas. That’s a pretty short driving day for us!!

Our first goal for the day was a stop at Zion National Park. The only problem with visiting Zion is you must ride the shuttle buses to and from the highlight points. No cars are allowed. There was a scenic road of about 14 miles you could drive. The road had many pull off places for photos. It was beautiful but did not compare to Bryce. We did get to see some Big horn sheep! There was road work, curvy roads, a couple of tunnels, and lots of people.

Once we loaded back in the car it was off to Vegas. We drove through some of the most desolate land I think I have ever seen. There was nothing but desert, rocks, and sage brush on both sides of the road for miles and miles. There were very few places to stop. We drove by the only community with restaurants and gas and believe me there was not another place to stop until we got to Vegas.

We were staying about a block from the strip at the Holiday Inn Vacation Club. This meant Terry and I would have to attend a sales presentation, but our cost for 3 days was only $149 and we’d get $100 back in cash after the presentation. Not bad for 3 nights in Vegas. We arrived, checked in, and ate late lunch at the restaurant on the premises. The food was outstanding! Our condo there was right next to the pool. Ed tried the pool but said even the water was too hot. It was 107 most of the time we were in Vegas! Everything was hot.

After our late lunch we took time to rest a bit before heading out to our show. We had tickets at the Flamingo show room to see Donnie and Marie Osmond. Our seats were great! The show was awesome! The showroom was much smaller than I imagined so there really weren't any bad seats. Donnie and Marie sang, danced, did individual numbers, told jokes, all the while showing clips of their old TV shows and appearances. It was awesome!!

After the show we walked around even though the temperature was still over 100 degrees. We found a Ghirardelli ice cream shop and had sundaes before we headed to our condo and turned in for the night!


Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.027s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0287s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb