3 Step Hideaway - 0 miles


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Utah » Moab
May 2nd 2016
Published: May 5th 2016
Edit Blog Post

If Sunday was a day of rest, Monday was a day of total rest. We just soaked up the hospitality of Scott and Julie at the 3 step hideaway. This is truly a special place. I have stayed in many B&B’s, but none with this level of hospitality and genuine friendliness. I attribute this special status to a common love - motorcycles and just genuinely friendly people. And before I forget the food was awesome. Scoot showed us around the place from the root cellar and original buildings that go back to the 1890’s to the solar array that provides enough power for the whole place. And of course there was the workshop where he keeps the bikes, spares and much more. Rob and Rik lap up this stuff and I basically just like to ride and clearly do not have the toys for boys addiction, at least not for motorcycles. This reminds me to mention that Rik arrived the night before just in time for dinner after 450+ miles slog through variable conditions and a final slog through the mud. What a guy. Took a hike with Rik to gain an even better views across the Lisbon Valley with snow capped peaks in the background. Then took a nap - I need to do this more often. That evening we were the only guests and spent a lovely evening exchanging stories with Scott over a glass of scotch. Life is good.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 12; qc: 47; dbt: 0.057s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb