Roadtrip SW USA: Winners are Grinners...or are they?


Advertisement
North America » United States » Utah » Kanab
April 3rd 2015
Published: April 2nd 2015
Edit Blog Post

Roadtrip SW USA: Winners are Grinners...or are they? The lottery for permits to visit The Wave has begun. Only 10 places per day...so many here our chances about 5 percent. He turns the lottery wheel like an egg beater...the numbered balls bouncing...opens the cage...reaches in..."Number 26" he calls...that's our number! This is what we came for...what will we do? ****** I Feel Lucky...Yeh...... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 63, Displayed: 21


Advertisement




















3rd April 2015

Oh, NO!!!
I'm so sorry that you missed out on the Wave just so that you could get to our home on time.
3rd April 2015

Oh, NO!!!
C'est la vie...Life's like that Bob. Sometimes you can...sometimes you can't. Wouldn't have swapped or wanted to miss any of our time together...you know what I mean!
3rd April 2015

The Wave!
Hi Dave, We have a saying here at our little home in the woods. "If we aint there, we're somewhere else' You'll never be that lucky top do it all! Take what life gives you. Enjoyed the suspense!
3rd April 2015

The Wave!
We also have a saying Dave that life has swings and balances...you can't just have highs...gotta also have some lows. And usually the best stories come from the lows. Glad you enjoyed the suspense. Who'd have thought it could turn out as it did?
3rd April 2015

C'est la vie!!
Well, I guess you'll have to come back, perhaps when the weather is better and our schedules are free so we can do this together. You have so much more to see of the West now that you've gotten a taste of it!
5th April 2015

You made the right decision
That is cool that you won and a big decision had to be made. Life like to test us from time to time. I believe you are the winner because you have good friends to spend time with and the Wave was not meant to be. Bob and Linda are wonderful people and I am glad you had time with them. Looking at your amazing photos proves you were a winner. Yes, some highs and some lows, a moment in time but you've recovered nicely.
5th April 2015

You made the right decision
You always vote with your heart MJ and I think you are spot on. When you see what we did in my coming blogs...all only possible because we made that decision...the proof will be presented there. Do I feel lucky? Yeh!!!
9th April 2015

Lucky
Wow, I was reading this and couldn't believe you gave up an opportunity to visit the Wave....but then I read in the comments that you had a much more important engagement and it all became clear. Looking at all your amazing photos you saw plenty of amazing things anyway, and you also got to spend time with some great people - so your number did come up after all!
9th April 2015

so your number did come up after all!
I really like that take Rachael..."so your number did come up after all!" Sometimes it is the people we meet that is a greater highlight than the scenery. Either way it was a decision we had to make yet agonising as we were so close yet so far. If our ball had fallen as the one before, our roadtrip would have been quite different to how it turned out.

Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 19; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0411s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb