Way Out West 2021


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Utah » Kanab
September 3rd 2021
Published: September 6th 2021
Edit Blog Post

After checkout, We were headed to Pahrump, NV to have breakfast with our friends John and Jennifer Trunk. It was a nice leisurely breakfast as none of us had a long travel day in front of us. We still can’t get over that we ended up in the same place at the same time so many miles from home.

We headed to Kanab and as we entered Utah we found a visitors center. So we got off the Interstate and pulled In the parking lot. A car pulled along side of us and the people were waving. We Got out and heard “Let’s Go Mountaineers!” The young man was a 1999 graduate of WVU and saw our WV plate and followed us just to Cheer on a fellow mountaineer! After he and his wife left, Ed strikes up a conversation with a woman walking her dog. She was Born in Wheeling, WV! This trip has been full of meeting people from WV!!

We finally made it to Kanab, Utah. Now we first came to Kanab because we are Gunsmoke fans and learned it was filmed in Kanab. Two years ago we just planned a drive-by the set which was extremely run down. We stopped by the visitors center and learned Kanab was the “Little Hollywood” of westerns and over 100 tv shows and Movies were filmed here. We didn’t have much time to Spend two years ago so we planned on a return trip this year.

We rented an condo through Airbnb so we could spend more time in Kanab and return to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. Once we checked in we headed to the visitors center. I spied a large plaque in front of the visitors center. It had a picture and history of Dale Robertson who started in Death Valley Days before he got his own show “Tales of the Wells Fargo”. I walked up and down the street taking pictures of all the plaques of the stars I loved. I promised myself I would check out the rest of town
To see how many more I could find.

A quick trip to The grocery store, cooking dinner, and it was time to catch up on laundry. We watched some football, relaxed and headed to bed. Tomorrow we were going back to the North Rim.





Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.478s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 54; dbt: 0.1318s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb