Arches day 3


Advertisement
Published: October 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Halfway through day 3 of the workshop. Staying out at Arches until 10 pm makes for short nights. At least we aren't leaving an hour or more before sunrise! Still it's full days and I'm a little sleep deprived.

But it's a good tired and I'm learning a lot.

Here are a few images from Monday night and Tuesday.

A brief nap should give me some added energy for our evening shoot.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Turret after sunsetTurret after sunset
Turret after sunset

This is Turret Arch about 40 minutes after sunset. It's so amazing to watch the different conditions each night. Sunday night we were shooting due north and the skies seemed to darken a little earlier than last night when we faced northwest. We see differences in airplane contrails each day - how long they last. Also today the light became intense and flat much earlier than Monday.
Turret star trailsTurret star trails
Turret star trails

Here's a 28 minute exposure of Turret Arch. We use large million candle power lights to 'paint' the arch.
Pine Tree ArchPine Tree Arch
Pine Tree Arch

Here's one of the angles I captured of Pine Tree Arch. There used to be a larger Pine Tree growing just on the other side of the arch. This is located along the Devil's Garden trail in the northern part of the park - about 1/2 mile from the Wall Arch which fell back in August. Haven't hiked up to any of the arches near Wall Arch.
Persistent TreePersistent Tree
Persistent Tree

This is a small tree growing out the side of a rck. It's amazing to see sights like this.
PenguinsPenguins
Penguins

Here's a nice view of the Penguins formation. It's located along the road at the entrance to Arches NP. You can see it from the Visitor's Center, but this angle was taken on the road above the Visitor's Center.


Tot: 0.151s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 76; dbt: 0.0936s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb