The Native American Genocide


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas
January 23rd 2014
Published: January 23rd 2014
Edit Blog Post

The Native American Genocide was one of the worst things that could have happened in history. Christopher Columbus was an explorer from Hispaniola and he believed he ''found'' North America. Columbus and the Europeans killed many of the natives that were already there. Around 12 million people lived there before the Europeans came and after they came 4 centuries later only 237 thousand remained. Due to the genocide that was one of the reasons a lot of the tribes declined over the years. There was the Removal Act of 1830 that impacted the Natives a lot. It stated that any Native American can be slaughtered by the military and by biological warfare A key event was '' The Trail of Tears". At that event the Cherokee were forced to march and that destroyed the population. A lot of factors led to the genocide of the natives. Military action,disease,starvation,and the extreme living conditions. This is significant in history because a lot of people do not know what happened when Columbus came and how he affected the Native's way of life.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 14; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0349s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb