Remember these numbers. 91 80 35


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » San Antonio
April 29th 2014
Published: April 29th 2014
Edit Blog Post

A must see in San AntonioA must see in San AntonioA must see in San Antonio

Kate on the Riverwalk
So a great morning and breakfast at the Drury Hotel in San Antonio. Kate and I really highly rate this chain!

Into the downtown core where we first took a narrated barge float on the River. 30 minute ride and a good look at the Riverwalk.

This is a must do if ever in the city. I would love to stay at one of the hotels overlooking the River, drinking wine on the balcony in my underwear.

Then a stroll up to the Alamo.I always am so interested in the history , I can envision myself right there as it was all happening.

The Alamo is actually a larger Fort than what I had imagined. Over to the Marriott for a Starbucks, where Kate bought a mug, then back on the road.

Oh Texas , 91 degrees. 80 mph speed limit and 35 mph winds. The Coopers left rear tire took a beating, it wasn't good to start with.

Sorry Texas, but you are boring on the Interstate. Stopped to eat in Van Horn at a remodelled bank, the Vault Anyone?

It was just a long day of driving.

Into El Paso late. Just so cool to look right into Mexico's bedroom. Spent the night there and up early to get some paperwork done at an Office Depot. Did not like the border control with steel fences, are they keeping someone in or someone out?

Good look at the Rio Grande and stopped in the City of Truth or Consequences. Okay Kate are you really enjoying the trip?

We liked New Mexico , interesting geography, but the wind!!! Had to go through an inspection station. I think Kate's blonde Northern European looks cinched it for us.

Got off the Interstate on Route 60. Much more interesting ride.

Keep tuned in!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

New MexicoNew Mexico
New Mexico

There were 50 of these in New Mexico , along Route 60. Felt like an episode of the Jetsons Are we listening for inter stellar noise?
Arizona!Arizona!
Arizona!

Bright sunshine and wide skies. We crossed the Continental Divide at 7500 ft.


Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0457s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb