The Eagles and Holbrook Arizona


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Flagstaff
April 29th 2014
Published: May 19th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Spent some time on Route 66 , something I've always imagined myself doing. Well , actually it should have been in a vintage Corvette, Kathy was great, putting up with my obsession. Taking tons of pics and never once saying no way, when I mentioned we should stop and look.

Interesting Eagles anecdote. According to Aggie, the group stopped in Holbrook to research the song and use the corner at their restaurant as the backdrop. It could have been "Standing on a corner in Holbrook Arizona."

Apparently the High School librarian was busy so they continued to Winslow and the rest is , well history.

So I stood on the corner he suggested they were going to use! We took a number of pics in Winslow, they have The Corner set up with a flatbed Ford and a bunch of signage, I prefer the less touristy approach but succumbed anyways.

We never imagined the elevations that we would encounter, spent most of the day above 6000 ft, guess I should have looked at a relief map.

Still windy as heck, it would drive me insane to have to deal with that.

Please rate the State welcome signs on Kathy's Facebook page.

I think we agree our favourite to date is New Mexico.

Good look at the Grande Canyon today.

Stay tuned


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

New MexicoNew Mexico
New Mexico

I think this is our fav Welcome sign.
imageimage
image

So Kathy are you having fun? Gotta tell the truth!
Corner in Holbook ArizonaCorner in Holbook Arizona
Corner in Holbook Arizona

Kim's looking for the flatbed Ford. This was supposed to be the corner!
Another pic of the RouteAnother pic of the Route
Another pic of the Route

It was Joe that told the Eagles story. The old train station is right across the street, its where Sitting Bull was transported after being captured. Should have left the guy alone.


Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0342s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb