Worst to Best


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » San Antonio
April 27th 2014
Published: April 27th 2014
Edit Blog Post

I spent 33 years staying at 4 and 5 star hotels while at work, Kathy and I generally stay at chain Motels while travelling, lets say 2 to 3 stars. Comfort Inns, Red Roofs, Best Westerns. Some are really nice and some just okay. We expect to pay 75 to 125.

Pulled into an older version at midnight , The Brooke , after finding all alternatives , without rooms available.

$50. , sounds great , right Maureen? Well to be fair it was dark.

On the road early, first stop San Antonio and a chance to Riverwalk

Mini dealer to get a quick oil change and pick up the cars warranty history. That will save me $500 by not requiring BMW Canada to provide me with a recall letter, yes $500!

Really really good service and a nice group at the dealership, very funky, well its a Mini.

San Antonio is just finishing off a week of Fiesta! Its supposed to be the biggest event of the year, parade,exhibits,parties, just like a Mardi Gras.

Oh and also 200,000 visitors. Triple cost hotel rooms if any available and immense downtown traffic.

Stayed at the airport Drury Hotel Chain. Kickback at 1730 for drinks and appies, they give you 3 drink coupons each. Wine beer,cocktails and shots. Then a full breakfast, actually a very nice one.

This was the best of my previous worst best comment.

Down to the Riverwalk this morning, then qualifications for a pole position in the Texas 500 for the days travel.



Who's rating the State welcome signs? Put your results on Kate's Facebook page!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0356s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb