2012 Road Trip #4: Texas Hill Country Parks Version 2!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » San Antonio
April 23rd 2012
Published: March 8th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Took a quick road trip this sunny day to celebrate Texas!

My first stop was at the Texas Wildflower center for some wildflower hunting. I love wildflowers and hate "planned" flowers if that makes any sense. This place was both informative and had some great hikes among the wildflowers. My favorite wildflower will always be the Texas Blue Bonnet.

I headed over to some state parks afterwards. I came across a very pretty field of purple wildflowers on my way to Blanco. The Texas Hill Country, especially highways 290 and 71 have an amazing variety of wildflowers in bloom.

Blanco State Park is small but pretty. They have a damn holding up the very cold Blanco River. It looks like a great place for a swim once the blazing heat of summer arrives. Next headed over to Guadalupe River State Park to dip my feet in the cold waters. The cliffs along the river are pretty cool to sit in front of and relax. Also cool are the big trees that grow along the river.

Both these parks must provide a great respite from the heat in the summer.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

Sea of Purple Wildflowers Sea of Purple Wildflowers
Sea of Purple Wildflowers

Nice View on Hwy 290


Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.033s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb