Bowie to Marshall, TX


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Marshall
November 1st 2017
Published: November 2nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


blog 11-01-17 Bowie to Marshall, TX

Yes, we are still in Texas. We have been driving for 3 days and we are still in Texas. Thank goodness we didn't go across the fat part of the state.

Our purpose in going south to I 20 was to find warmer weather and that we did do. When we got to Marshall it was 74 degrees and we sat outside in the sun for about 1 1/2 hrs just enjoying the warmth. The wind had been a side wind all the way here but tonight it died down to a very gentle breeze and we watched 8 ducks on a pond very close to us. There were 2 fellows who are staying here at the campground that tried their luck to catch a fish but no luck tonight.

The dogs sat out with us watching a squirrel run up and down a tree gathering nuts. The kids just sat and watched, sniffed the air occasionally and were very content to be outside with us. This park has a dog run so tomorrow morning I'll bring the ball and play with them until it's time to leave.

Our big excitement for today was to take a trip into Oklahoma so we can add the state to the map. We were so close to the border we took a run across the Red River and were definatley in OK.

Thank goodness our trip was uneventful but long so I will end early tonight. Tomorrow we head to Jackson, MS and from there to Birmingham, AL for a 2 night layover to catch our breath


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 34; dbt: 0.0505s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb