Amarillo, TX to Bowie, TX


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Texas » Bowie
October 31st 2017
Published: November 1st 2017
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Blog 10-31-17 Amirillo to Bowie, TX

Happy Halloween all. There was a fly by last night before bed that sounded like a huge plane was landing on our roof. It did manage to make it to the airport which, as it turned out, was just about 3 blocks from the campground. The plane must have flown by a Texas cowboy.

The rest of the night was peaceful and we slept til after 7:30 because it was still dark outside. We had another time change yesterday and we were still operating on AZ time but we have to adjust quickly because the time is going to change again when we go into eastern daylight time. Then the standard change will be next. Going west we loved the time change because it gave us an extra hour this time it's being taken away.

We headed south on spur 228 and it intersected with US 287 where we headed south. To our delight 287 was a 4 lane divided highway with a speed limit of 75. We kept at about 64, fast enough towing a car. We saw lots of cows in the fields, acres or maybe miles of cotton, surgum and even some wheat fields. Lord was it flat.

There were many rest stops along the way some official stops with potties, some just picnic stops but we could pull over lots if we wanted. We changed drivers 4 times so neither one was tired at all and sometimes walked the dogs other times just changed.

Ginnie saw a wild pig off the road and we both saw lots of hawks, one I am having a hard time identifying. Lots of grackels flocking up to fly further south?

We arrived at Lazy Days campground in Bowie about 4 and it took a little while but soon were assigned one of 3 spots they had open and we settled in. Walked the dogs then had a map ceremony, two states added. There is a picture with Ginnie and the kids in their Halloween costumes toasting the new state additions. AZ and TX

We sat outside looking at the US map on Ginnie's door admiring all that we have accomplished. Of course there was a toast or 2. The weather was nice enough to sit outside for quite a while before it got cold and we went inside.

Tomorrow we head further south to Marshal, yes still TX ,where we will pick up 20 and head east again.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0303s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb